Lense Calibration?

Barnesy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently read about someone getting their Canon 70-200 F2.8 calibrated to improve its Clarity. To be honest i dont think i have heard about that being done. Can anyone tell me what it means, how it is done and whether any effort and cost involved is worthwhile?...Cheers. :D

Welcome to the forum.

It's certainly possible to have a lens calibrated, although, because of tolerances in both lenses & cameras, it's usually most effective when you have your lens & camera calibrated together.

To find out the cost and other info, I'd suggest calling your closest Canon Service Center.

Worthwhile often if the lens itself has some kind of defect to begin with. Certainly no lens I have ever used has been anything other than exactly what I expected in terms of sharpness, however given the incredible tolerances in lenses it is quite possible that some slip past the quality control guys and could benefit from another look.

You will often see some online reviewers talking about the "lens sample". "This lens is great if you get a good sample" and similar lines. This is basically what it's talking about. Though I have yet to seem them qualify how they know if they got a good sample or not :D

Thanks heaps for your advice guys, will be sussing it out further i think.

Most reactions

Back