lense over shadowing macro pictures ?

K-Y-L-E

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey all i was wondering if anybody else has problems with the lense getting in the way of the flash when there taking macro shots and if so i'd
like to hear some idea's on how you guys get around this problem

Here's what im talking about
Copyofdf13.jpg

There's only one way around this and it requires extra light to balance that bit of the scene. I'd recommend either a reflector, or a ring flash depending on your budget!

reflector-board01.jpg

digislave_ultraII_camera_L.jpg

Rob

I think a ring flash is the way i'd like to go thankyou for the tip rob very helpfull mate
Now im just hoping they have these for a konica minolta z6 Dimage

There probably isn't one specific to your camera, but if it has a lens screw filter, then you could just put one on from another brand and trigger it with a shoe connector.

Rob

Rob said:
There probably isn't one specific to your camera, but if it has a lens screw filter, then you could just put one on from another brand and trigger it with a shoe connector.

Rob
Looks like i will just have to get around it with a relfector setup of some sort because my lense has no screw type fittings like this :banghead:
oh well i'l figure out something

Have you thought about a slave flash. These can be held over the subject and will fire when your camera flash fires.

Just a simple thought, you are taking them without a lens hood right? sometimes the simple things can be overlooked. :D

Most reactions

Back