Levitation!

JoshuaSimPhotography

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Recently there have been some amazing pics of levitation photography going around on the site. SO I decided to start this thread! I’m sure that many of you would have not tried it before, but when you do, you’ll get hooked (it’s basically a drug)! It involves a subject to look as if it was floating in mid air, giving a sense of ecstasy. So if you want to try it, here are some links for tutorials or inspiration.

‚æ‚í‚æ‚íƒJƒƒ‰ƒE[ƒ}ƒ““ú‹L(yowayowa) famous levitation photographer
How to do Levitation Photography - YouTube
Photoshop How To - Levitation - When Light Falls - YouTube
Photography Tutorial: How To Float In Mid Air - YouTube

Levitation has a neat effect! Give it a try or post some pics you already took!

Looking forward to seeing the pics,
J SIM

Last edited:
Or you could find someone who actually does levitate.
$4569881078_f6c1998416_z.jpg

Tried it today. I'll probably try again tomorrow if I can think of neat ways to do it in a less generic way. lol

Tried it today. I'll probably try again tomorrow if I can think of neat ways to do it in a less generic way. lol

Just needs some shadows for realism.

Just needs some shadows for realism.

That's how it actually looked, though. It was a really rainy day. Heh. In the first one there's a really small shadow from the stool I was on but that's all there was with the super diffused light.

If I added more shadows it would look odd since the lighting is pretty even throughout. I don't think it'd be possible without it looking too fake. :(

The second shot is remarkably good for a first time attempt. You look very relaxed, and engrossed in the book.

Yeah, most levitation shots should be elegant and not trying to actually represent ‘I’m floating, OMG!'

rexbobcat, the methodology you used was the one of the bench, right? or jumped?

In the tutorials there are 2 different ways of taking this type of pictures, how do you think this girl Yowayowa takes the pictures? jumping?

Yes, she is frozen has no editing. the Digital Rev vid explains that. But, she had a friend who took the pics, and rexbc was using a bench. As it is veery hard to freeze urself…by yourself!

Yes, she is frozen has no editing. the Digital Rev vid explains that. But, she had a friend who took the pics, and rexbc was using a bench. As it is veery hard to freeze urself…by yourself!

Remote trigger and timer on 10 seconds should do the trick.

Most reactions

Back