Lifestyle Photography and Blogging - my new passion.

shesnotmia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All!

I've always had a big interest in "Lifestyle Photography". I love viewing pictures that capture little moments of real life: emotion, body language... things like giggles and hand gestures. I also love writing, and I feel that mixing photos in helps tell a story and really engage the reader.

I'm still learning how to use my camera -- I always will be trying to learn new things. But my goal is to capture memories in my life and display them for others the exact way that I saw them in that very moment.

Does anyone else have a passion for this? I'd love to trade some inspiration.

my blog is at: http://www.miabella-blog.blogspot.com

Last edited:
It depends on the moment ("memory" if you will) that's bring captured.

Like...is this moment on time worth capturing? Is this just a snapshot moment to show family later?

But if I'm covering a large Thanksgiving dinner or something then yeah I find it fun

I agree, I wouldn't be taking pictures of things I do daily like brush my teeth! ;) But, I do think that a lot of even the most little, unimportant moments are special. Plus, like a 365 project, making photographing lots of little moments makes for lots of opportunity to learn new photography tricks.

I like documenting the day to day things. I don't blog though.

Welcome aboard, Mia.

You have some interesting shots on your blog. A few have some issues (focus, exposure, tilting) but, as you said, you're learning.

Well thanks! I'd gladly take any advice. I have a Nikon D3000 I've had for a while, and a 35mm f/1.8 lens I just picked up last week.

pay more attention to your WB. Some of your indoor ones at a bar/restaurants are too yellow. Other than that.. you are darn cute (with whatever hair).

Well thank you!! And I will keep that in mind, thanks for the advice! I appreciate it.

Changed the look of it, and changed the URL. Edited original post.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back