Light photography

barfastic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Heya!

i was just wondering if anybody had some tutorials on this type of photography as i want to get involved...

from what ive understood its extended shutter speed (either bulb or certain amount of seconds), and in complete darkness. But what i want to know is how can i get it to be focused.

Should i place the light source somewhere in the area, take a pic with lighting on, remove the AF, and try and remember the position of it in the dark? :S

any ideas?

o_O

What exactly are you talking about? Night photography? Studio stuff taken in very low light?

It's impossible to take a photograph in "complete darkness". ;)

If you want to use AF to focus, shining a bright light at the subject, like a flashlight, and using the illuminated area to AF, then removing the light source and taking the shot is effective.

Heya!

i was just wondering if anybody had some tutorials on this type of photography as i want to get involved...

from what ive understood its extended shutter speed (either bulb or certain amount of seconds), and in complete darkness. But what i want to know is how can i get it to be focused.

Should i place the light source somewhere in the area, take a pic with lighting on, remove the AF, and try and remember the position of it in the dark? :S

any ideas?

You can use your cameras autofocus assist beam to achieve focus if the subject is within effective flash range. Or, you can use another light source such as a laser pointer or powerful flashlight and focus on that.

Also, I believe some lenses have a distance meter you can utilize to help you achieve accurate focus.

I am in the process of beginning light painting myself so maybe I am not the best resource, so let's see who else can weigh in on this topic :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back