Lighting for very narrow room

Europaman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I am having an issue with an upcoming photo shoot.
The location is a very narrow room (~10'x 33') and there will be shelves with products on one of the long walls. I need to take several pictures of the shelves.

What kind of lighting would you use and where would you put it? (wall mount, up high or from the bottom, or both?). The lights will be pretty close to the products (because of the narrow room) or in an angle.
The products on the shelves will be the center of attention.

I appreciate any kind of advice.

Thanks

Daniel

Hard to know without what exactly you are shooting and how deep in the shelves the articles you shoot are located. Bouce flash is always safe, though.

We will shoot sports supplement products that are in boxes and bottles. There will be just one row of products in every shelf, so we do not need to light further back into the shelves.

Are there any lights, that could be easily mounted on and removed from a wall?

What kind of lights are you using, if you are using strobes, I would suggest bouncing the light off of a white surface, which will crate a nice even and diffused light on your objects.
Freddy Oropeza » Blog Archive » Nicky Lambo Part 2
Scroll down to the picture with the light set up, I'm not sure if that would help, but it's an illustration of bouncing light on a narrow hallway to light the subject.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back