lighting only- the picture sucks

JimmyJaceyMom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there. I was recently reading up on some interesting tips on lighting and things like that in the Kodak library of books and everyone here keeps telling me it's not the camera that takes the pictures it's the person. I have a hewlett Packard 2.1 mp with like no zoom and I didn't think I would ever get a picture that is even close to those that you guys get. But I was dying to try some of thosse lighting tricks and so I gave it a whirl.
NOW! The arrangement SUCKS! I know that much, I am definately not a florist (but my mother is and if she saw the way I dtuffed these in here she'd die!) I just wonder if I'm on the right page with the lighting? Cause I literally do not know anything unless you guys tell me or I read it on my own. Thanks.

flowers.jpg

I reckon your lighting is just about spot on, good exposure of the subject, no matter as to the background if there's nothing of interest there

Yeah I did it with a black dackdrop just to see if I could get the flowers to stand out. I usually don't get clear pictures with that crappy camera, I wanted to see if lighting would help cause I thought it was hopeless. It turned out better than I thought it would. Thanks for the reply.

well thanks! :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back