Lightning on the water

cigrainger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There was some lightning tonight so I went out and tried to capture it. I didn't get a bolt, but I did get this:

700554903_2f047a99b2_b.jpg

It was pitch black so I couldn't see well enough to frame the shot well, so I ended up splitting the frame, but oh well. Comments and criticism welcome and encouraged.

I shot on my tripod, ISO200, f/3.5, 30 seconds. And for reference, it was so dark that the same exposure with no lightning meant a pitch black frame.

I think the colors and such are bloody brilliant to say the least, but I might crop out some of the bottom, namely the waves.

Other than that mate, brilliant. Love the vivid and violent violet.

What a SUPER capture you have here. My opinion is leave the crop, I think that it shows movement, and I think adds to this capture. Super work!

Hmmmm, I have to say, I love this picture! It's amazing!! However, all of the darkness on the left side kind of gets on my nerves, and I do agree about the cropping out some of the bottom part, it doesn't seem like all that is needed IMO...but still, I love it!

Hmmmm, I have to say, I love this picture! It's amazing!! However, all of the darkness on the left side kind of gets on my nerves, and I do agree about the cropping out some of the bottom part, it doesn't seem like all that is needed IMO...but still, I love it!

I'm with them...as in cropping some off the bottom, it would make a good panoramic with the right crop.Maybe a inch below the horizon or so.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back