like macro, but no $$ for a macro lens? well lookie here :)

i love this!!!!! greatest invention in the entire world!!!!!! 2 Nobel prizes for the creator!!!! I swear this is the funniest site I have ever been on in my life! I laugh all night!! Reading everyones posts and how worked up you all get over a JOKE! oh for those of you who don't know what that is 9alot of you! here you go_-_-_-
joke
premium.gif
thinsp.png
/
thinsp.png
dʒoʊk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[
thinsp.png
johk] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, joked, jok·ing. –noun 1.something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act: He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him. 2.something that is amusing or ridiculous, esp. because of being ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a thing, situation, or person laughed at rather than taken seriously; farce: Their pretense of generosity is a joke. An officer with no ability to command is a joke. 3.a matter that need not be taken very seriously; trifling matter: The loss was no joke. 4.something that does not present the expected challenge; something very easy: The test was a joke for the whole class. 5.practical joke. –verb (used without object) 6.to speak or act in a playful or merry way: He was always joking with us. 7.to say something in fun or teasing rather than in earnest; be facetious: He didn't really mean it, he was only joking. –verb (used with object) 8.to subject to jokes; make fun of; tease. 9.to obtain by joking: The comedian joked coins from the audience.
[Origin: 1660–70; < L jocus jest
thinsp.png
]

—Related formsjokeless, adjective
jok·ing·ly, adverb

—Synonyms 1. wisecrack, gag, jape, prank, quip, quirk, sally, raillery. Joke, jest refer to something said (or done) in sport, or to cause amusement. A joke is something said or done for the sake of exciting laughter; it may be raillery, a witty remark, or a prank or trick: to tell a joke. Jest, today a more formal word, nearly always refers to joking language and is more suggestive of scoffing or ridicule than is joke: to speak in jest.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006. American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This joke
premium.gif
(j&#333;k) Pronunciation Key
n.
  1. Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
  2. A mischievous trick; a prank.
  3. An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.
  4. Informal
    1. Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.
    2. An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office.
v. joked, jok·ing, jokes

v. intr.
  1. To tell or play jokes; jest.
  2. To speak in fun; be facetious.
v. tr.
To make fun of; tease.

[Latin iocus; see yek- in Indo-European roots.]

jok'ing·ly adv.
Synonyms: These nouns refer to something that is said or done in order to evoke laughter or amusement. Joke especially denotes an amusing story with a punch line at the end: told jokes at the party.
Jest suggests frolicsome humor: amusing jests that defused the tense situation.
A witticism is a witty, usually cleverly phrased remark: a speech full of witticisms.
A quip is a clever, pointed, often sarcastic remark: responded to the tough questions with quips.
Sally denotes a sudden quick witticism: ended the debate with a brilliant sally.
Crack and wisecrack refer less formally to flippant or sarcastic retorts: made a crack about my driving ability; punished for making wisecracks in class.
Gag is principally applicable to a broadly comic remark or to comic by-play in a theatrical routine: one of the most memorable gags in the history of vaudeville.
(Download Now or Buy the Book) The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved. Online Etymology Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
joke
1670, joque, "a jest, something done to excite laughter," from L. jocus "joke, sport, pastime," from PIE base *yek- "to speak" (cf. Bret. iez "language," O.H.G. jehan "to say," Ger. Beichte "confession"). Originally a colloquial or slang word. Meaning "something not to be taken seriously" is 1791. Joker, meaning "odd face card in the deck" is from 1885, probably from earlier slang sense of "man, fellow, chap" (1811).
"American manufacturers of playing-cards are wont to include a blank card at the top of the pack; and it is, alas! true that some thrifty person suggested that the card should not be wasted. This was the origin of the joker." ["St. James's Gazette," 1894]​
Practical joke "trick played on someone for the sake of a laugh at his expense" is from 1804.

Oh and I think that man on the back is the Abe Lincoln memorial thingy...
It is, but He's supposed to be sitting in a chair, like he is in the real one - this looks like he's mooning us!

i love this!!!!! greatest invention in the entire world!!!!!! 2 Nobel prizes for the creator!!!! I swear this is the funniest site I have ever been on in my life! I laugh all night!! Reading everyones posts and how worked up you all get over a JOKE! oh for those of you who don't know what that is 9alot of you! here you go_-_-_-
joke
premium.gif
thinsp.png
/
thinsp.png
d&#658;o&#650;k/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[
thinsp.png
johk] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, joked, jok·ing. –noun 1.something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act: He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him. 2.something that is amusing or ridiculous, esp. because of being ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a thing, situation, or person laughed at rather than taken seriously; farce: Their pretense of generosity is a joke. An officer with no ability to command is a joke. 3.a matter that need not be taken very seriously; trifling matter: The loss was no joke. 4.something that does not present the expected challenge; something very easy: The test was a joke for the whole class. 5.practical joke. –verb (used without object) 6.to speak or act in a playful or merry way: He was always joking with us. 7.to say something in fun or teasing rather than in earnest; be facetious: He didn't really mean it, he was only joking. –verb (used with object) 8.to subject to jokes; make fun of; tease. 9.to obtain by joking: The comedian joked coins from the audience.
thinsp.png
]

jok·ing·ly, adverb

—Synonyms 1. wisecrack, gag, jape, prank, quip, quirk, sally, raillery. Joke, jest refer to something said (or done) in sport, or to cause amusement. A joke is something said or done for the sake of exciting laughter; it may be raillery, a witty remark, or a prank or trick: to tell a joke. Jest, today a more formal word, nearly always refers to joking language and is more suggestive of scoffing or ridicule than is joke: to speak in jest.

Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006. American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This joke
premium.gif
n.
  1. Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
  4. Informal
    2. An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office.
v. joked, jok·ing, jokes

v. intr.
v. tr.
To make fun of; tease.

jok'ing·ly adv.
Synonyms: These nouns refer to something that is said or done in order to evoke laughter or amusement. Joke especially denotes an amusing story with a punch line at the end: told jokes at the party.
A witticism is a witty, usually cleverly phrased remark: a speech full of witticisms.
A quip is a clever, pointed, often sarcastic remark: responded to the tough questions with quips.
Sally denotes a sudden quick witticism: ended the debate with a brilliant sally.
Crack and wisecrack refer less formally to flippant or sarcastic retorts: made a crack about my driving ability; punished for making wisecracks in class.
Gag is principally applicable to a broadly comic remark or to comic by-play in a theatrical routine: one of the most memorable gags in the history of vaudeville.
(Download Now or Buy the Book) The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved. Online Etymology Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
joke
1670, joque, "a jest, something done to excite laughter," from L. jocus "joke, sport, pastime," from PIE base *yek- "to speak" (cf. Bret. iez "language," O.H.G. jehan "to say," Ger. Beichte "confession"). Originally a colloquial or slang word. Meaning "something not to be taken seriously" is 1791. Joker, meaning "odd face card in the deck" is from 1885, probably from earlier slang sense of "man, fellow, chap" (1811).
"American manufacturers of playing-cards are wont to include a blank card at the top of the pack; and it is, alas! true that some thrifty person suggested that the card should not be wasted. This was the origin of the joker." ["St. James's Gazette," 1894]​
Practical joke "trick played on someone for the sake of a laugh at his expense" is from 1804.

Give it a rest already, did you not get enough attention as a child?

woah drama in my thread...

cant we all just get along?

its just a little thing that took about a total of 15- 20 mins to make from ripping apart a pair of 20 year old crappy binoculars, to screwing on my camera..
thought if anyone else liked messing around with diy stuff they could give it a try.
thats why i posted it in the beginners forum.
mess with that, and see if they like it or not, if they do, go buy a good macro lens.

This works MUCH better than the "close up lens" i got off ebay with a wide angle adapter for my kodak P&S a few years ago.

and this was free so.

I made my own IR filter too. quality wasnt great,( but again was free) but i liked using it , so now im going to go purchase an actual IR filter.

btw your telephoto lens made me smile. :)

woah drama in my thread...

cant we all just get along?

its just a little thing that took about a total of 15- 20 mins to make from ripping apart a pair of 20 year old crappy binoculars, to screwing on my camera..
thought if anyone else liked messing around with diy stuff they could give it a try.
thats why i posted it in the beginners forum.
mess with that, and see if they like it or not, if they do, go buy a good macro lens.

This works MUCH better than the "close up lens" i got off ebay with a wide angle adapter for my kodak P&S a few years ago.

and this was free so.

I made my own IR filter too. quality wasnt great,( but again was free) but i liked using it , so now im going to go purchase an actual IR filter.

btw your telephoto lens made me smile. :)
again osirus. I gave you kudos on your invention! I think it's a very creative idea! but like I said earlier which allot of dumb people didn't understand was . For me(only me!)not you not anybody else on this planet! It was not practicle! again for me!!! so again kudos to you creativity! 2 Nobel prizes from Happy Hour:hug::

I love DIY projects that is why I like the strobist blog so much.

joke
premium.gif
thinsp.png
/
thinsp.png
d&#658;o&#650;k/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[
thinsp.png
thinsp.png
]

jok·ing·ly, adverb

premium.gif
n.
  4. Informal
v. joked, jok·ing, jokes

v. intr.
v. tr.
To make fun of; tease.

jok'ing·ly adv.
joke

can we say douche bag here?

It is, but He's supposed to be sitting in a chair, like he is in the real one - this looks like he's mooning us!

lol those are his knees :lol: but i see what you mean

Happy - i have no opinion...but it isn't the joke people are upset about...its the original attitude in your previous posts.

again osirus. I gave you kudos on your invention! I think it's a very creative idea! but like I said earlier which allot of dumb people didn't understand was . For me(only me!)not you not anybody else on this planet! It was not practicle! again for me!!! so again kudos to you creativity! 2 Nobel prizes from Happy Hour:hug::

Not to overly criticize the post but if you removed the word "dumb" it would be perfect.

That is...exactly...what I thought when I saw this. I thought "hey, where'd he get the fake penny with the dude mooning you on it? Did he photoshop that in? Is that, like, some kind of joke penny that you can buy?"

Then I realized that it was the Lincoln Memorial, so, you know, Lincoln sitting there...not mooning anybody...

Oh well.

Anyways, cool lens idea. I still love my 100mm 2.8, but the little cracks and divots in the penny look great through the homemade one here. Oh, and Bhop - the 1920's penny...very neat.

Most reactions

Back