Likely annoying corrections thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emotional or not, the rules of this house say 'no politics'. It does not say 'no politics except on US election night' it says 'no politics'. It doesn't say 'no politics except in (the opinion of one person) the biggest election in the world' it says, simply, 'no politics'. The government isn't suppressing you, so your freedom of speech is not being infringed. You are a guest here, as are we all, and you'd do well to not continue pissing on the carpet. There are many, many forums on the internet where that is ok and even welcome. Your military service is commendable, but it doesn't give you the latitude to break any rules and do what you damn well please, where you wish against the expressed desires of your hosts.

Emotional or not, the rules of this house say 'no politics'. It does not say 'no politics except on US election night' it says 'no politics'. It doesn't say 'no politics except in (the opinion of one person) the biggest election in the world' it says, simply, 'no politics'. The government isn't suppressing you, so your freedom of speech is not being infringed. You are a guest here, as are we all, and you'd do well to not continue pissing on the carpet. There are many, many forums on the internet where that is ok and even welcome. Your military service is commendable, but it doesn't give you the latitude to break any rules and do what you damn well please, where you wish against the expressed desires of your hosts.

You're right, and I apologize for acting inappropriately.

out of the interest of the forum, and to risk another long arguement between posters, i am recommending that a Moderator closes this one down... its not a knock on the OP, just trying to prevent another long bash..

I believe that it is possible to discuss the election without making strong political statements. It's an extremely emotional night for millions of people, in ways that may be difficult for some to comprehend.

Good luck, and I hope that you have a bright future.

Best,
Helen

Sorry pal, sour grapes or not, you're not allowed to post political views here. There are other forums where you can do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I think this thread has manoevred itself into a "closed" state when it only began. This is, has always been, and will remain a PHOTOGRAPHY forum so everyone's invited to talk about that, and if anyone feels the need or desire to discuss politics or religion, feel free to do so on the forums that were made for just those purposes. Sure enough, there is an "Off Topics" section, which encourages you to also talk about other things BUT photography, but we've found out in the course of time that talking about politics or religion does not do these forums any good - in general. Hence the rules.

I am convinced that everyone can understand this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back