Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all!

1710608057772.png

I'm struck first by the strong geometry and the integration of contrasting shapes--not least by the fasteners on the roof. I'd be tempted to crop a bit on the right but that would cost the necessary shadow in the upper right corner--key for balance for me.

My taste in a monochrome with strong, defining lines is to burn the blacks. Your choice of a lighter hand here is attractive but more contrast might be worth an experiment or two. Some might knock the toning but it works well here. Think I'd also burn the black in those bricks to up the texture in the more diffused light. Only beef is that shadow running into the lower left corner. Distracting as it sits but perhaps a left crop to nail it into the corner--your call, naturally.

I fail often as not with this sort of shot. Yours is the result of a careful view and size-up before the shutter(sic) tripped. Full marks for processing. Thanks for posting!

Last edited:
I'm struck first by the strong geometry and the integration of contrasting shapes--not least by the fasteners on the roof. I'd be tempted to crop a bit on the right but that would cost the necessary shadow in the upper right corner--key for balance for me.

My taste in a monochrome with strong, defining lines is to burn the blacks. Your choice of a lighter hand here is attractive but more contrast might be worth an experiment or two. Some might knock the toning but it works well here. Think I'd also burn the black in those bricks to up the texture in the more diffused light. Only beef is that shadow running into the lower left corner. Distracting as it sits but perhaps a left crop to nail it into the corner--your call, naturally.

I fail often as not with this sort of shot. Yours is the result of a careful view and size-up before the shutter(sic) tripped. Full marks for processing. Thanks for posting!

Thanks. This was actually a high school auditorium wall, if you can believe that. No real adjustments minus a few minor tweaks to color correct, a quick curves adjustment to balance out the light and shadow a bit from the raw image, and a sharpening pass. I was tempted to do more- including some things you've said- but was really enjoying the less untouched aspects of the image. It was like "Click. Done." Which always seems a bit rare. lol

I like this.... :encouragement:

Thanks!

Seems a shame that daily multiple image posters don't check in here to give a little back to TPF.

Seems a shame that daily multiple image posters don't check in here to give a little back to TPF.

Err... am I interpreting this right? Are you commenting that I am failing to contribute?

Not at all! I was looking at multiple daily posters.
Oh I get it now.

Yeah, actually I was discussing this image with a bunch of "old timer" folks who used to be on TPF a ton and they jokingly suggested I post it here. I figured all I'd get was "Nice!", since that seems to be more the trend of the site these days. Your response was great, but the rest was somewhat typical... no comment or a "nice". (not that the nice is totally unappreciated, of course... just not... um... a growth opportunity) :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back