ReFlect

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
2790576153_7314e2bb8f.jpg

Taken with a Nikkor 600mm VR.

??
I am confused as to why this has not comments yet - come on the rest of you!

Fantastic shot with the depth of field and colours - you might even be able to boost the shadows a little brighter without problems (thinking about that right eye and just adding a little bit more light to that side of the face). The only distraction is the plant in the foreground - but its a good low taken shot so such is often the case with grasses.
All in all a really great shot - where did you take this?

Thanks a lot.
I appreciate the tip about the lighting but I usually prefer to not edit my photos.

The picture was taken at the Bronx Zoo in The Bronx, New York.

Nice shot.. I heard Bronx zoo and was thinking how the heck did ya get in so tight. Then I checked and seen you have the 600mm VR lol. They are kinda far for my 200mm in that den.

Thanks, Heck.
Heh... I wish I had that 600mm VR.

It's actually a funny story, I went up to this guy who I assume was a pro, he was shooting film with a Nikon F6 and the 600mm VR.
After some small talk he said if I wanted to take some shots, so he propped my D40 and the 600mm and let me take as many shots as I wanted.

I was using my 70-300mm that day for the other zoo shots I took.

Heck - get yourself a 1.4* teleconverter for taht 70-200mm - gets you out to 280 at the long end which is great in zoos and such for getting a bit closer :)

ReFlect - bet that was great fun - and I bet now you are really hunting round for a couple of $1000 for that lens ;)

Overread - Yeah man. The guy that owned it was like "When you save a couple thousand bucks, don't buy a car, buy a lens like this instead"

robb01 - Thank you.

Beautiful shot, and that 600mm is a enough to humble a feller.

Hey Reflect - she's a beauty...Superb shooting.

Got one or two lionesses on my flickr that I thought were not bad but hey this is great.

daithi

Most reactions

New Topics

Back