Little boy and rocket

ShavedMonkey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not exactly sure what to do with this. I can't tell if the focal point is on the boy. I just need some other opinions :) Should I change the crop? the contrast?
~Images deleted

I get the impression that the focal point is somewhere between the tree and the boy, though it's tricky to tell at this sort of image size. I wonder whether you could edit a section out to lower the branches too?

>;o))

I cut some of the empty space out:
~Images deleted

I think that works better as a composition - nearer the rule of thirds I guess. It's a shame that the focal point isn't quite so easy to resolve.

>;o))

I find that the original picture is great. I love the distance of the boy to the top of the tree. It makes me feel little again. I would not crop it, doing so would take the whole feeling away from the picture.

I agree with mitch here that you should not cut down the size of the tree because it not only makes the viewer feel like a child again but it also gives that sense of something bigger out there. but if you do decide to stay with the shorter tree make the edit a little but better. i could kinda see where the cloning tool was used in the knot of the tree

^^^ I agree with treadwell and A5i736

I like the first pic, the large focal point leaves your eyes looking for more.

The tree on the left works well as it leads the eye up, giving the rocket power and giving the impression that the boy is about to leap. Nicely composed.

I think that it would work better if there was a little more space below the boys feet, also since the tree seems to be leaning it seems the picture may be unlevel and not taken on a hill. It is important to always have your pictures as level as possibile. A slight sharpening and contrast boost would help as well. But the subject is priceless.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back