Little help from the Gurus on this one..?

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need to get rid of the line (floating rope) at the lower 1/4 of the picture.. This would normally seem easy, but by cloning out a straight line, it is always noticeable... Any help from the pros ??

thanks, and have fun with it.... :D

r

3933857801_280cc1359b_o.jpg

patch tool, click n hold healing brush, select patch tool from the dropdown, draw a selection around the area to clone/heal, let go the tool for marching ants, click the selection and drag it to a similar area, job done. sometimes that healing brush isn't as great as everyone thinks. H

patch tool, click n hold healing brush, select patch tool from the dropdown, draw a selection around the area to clone/heal, let go the tool for marching ants, click the selection and drag it to a similar area, job done. sometimes that healing brush isn't as great as everyone thinks. H

Never used that before !! Will have to play with it.... appreciate the info!!

r

Oh yea you can get away with murder using the healing brush (not that one recommends "cheating" to this extent, but it is possible):
sc1rv.jpg

sc2q.jpg

(Unless you looked very closely you wouldn't know there were originally eight telephone wires obstructing the shot to begin with. Of course this took a long time to complete.)
The healing brush can be a godsend though for less extreme applications.

Depending on the task at hand, you may need to use a combination of the healing tools (brush & patch) and the clone stamp. Maybe you'll need to use a harder or softer brush...maybe you'll need to use a lower opacity and make several passes. You can take out just about anything if you take your time and work carefully.

actually, the image provided is very simple to be done with the clone stamp

lower the hardness to 0% up to 40%, this will blend it in,
Create a new layer and make sure that the stamp tool is on Sample: All layers
Sample from close to the wire (but not too close.. about 1 inch away)
and simply brush over it with the stamp tool

Could i maybe use this image to show this in the form of a Video tutorial? (made strictly for TPF)

actually, the image provided is very simple to be done with the clone stamp

lower the hardness to 0% up to 40%, this will blend it in,
Create a new layer and make sure that the stamp tool is on Sample: All layers
Sample from close to the wire (but not too close.. about 1 inch away)
and simply brush over it with the stamp tool

Could i maybe use this image to show this in the form of a Video tutorial? (made strictly for TPF)

Absolutely ... I have no problem with that, and would love to see the finished video !!

thanks,

r

here is my first draft of the video tutorial, once i get a new mic ill re-do it with better sound quality and less "ummm" s
and more to the point :p
but yeah im hoping to make a photoshop tutorial series whereby I teach photoshop from opening a document, to the professional retouches (in seperate videos of course, ill try keep it logical, Im gunna write up a Plan for it soon, like which tutorials to do, and what tools to use etc.. so it is in chronological format.)

Hopefully you can hear the audio, it is fairly low... was using my laptops inbuilt microphone

Last edited by a moderator:
Im gunna re-do the tutorial with an external mic so my voice is much clearer
i really CBA writing subtitles for 20 minutes of video (for every video I make)
but if my accent isn't clear enough.. i guess ill have to :p
But ill try slow my accent down
When i used to make my (noobie) tutorials i always put an english / american accent on, so i was easier to understand but then my family always questioned why...

both these tools are excellent. but even though CS is super rad, great digital imaging simply takes a lot of human patience. i'd also work on different layers (playing around with transparency) to make it undeniably convincing.

eta: the tutorial videos didn't work for me. hope you get them up and going again

both these tools are excellent. but even though CS is super rad, great digital imaging simply takes a lot of human patience. i'd also work on different layers (playing around with transparency) to make it undeniably convincing.

eta: the tutorial videos didn't work for me. hope you get them up and going again
yeah i removed them due to bad audio, will go out tomorrow and buy a half decent mic, need to buy a new Xbox controller anyway :p

Most reactions

Back