Little help with a F100

Matthew Howell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I just went into a local camera shop and ran into a rough condition F100 with batteryGrip for 3000 Yen and to my amazment the bugger works without a light leak but I have a problem as I dont think the little D pad on the back panel works and I can figure out what it does. also where can I get a battery door and battery for this thing as I dont care for the grip that much.

Last edited:
You need a Nikon MS-12 battery holder to replace the MB-15.

Well I got that on order! now I just need a replacement back and a decent piece of cheap (ish) Nikon glass

Yeah, a solid recommendation, Mike! Nikon made an earlier D-series 28-80 with a plastic lens mount. I have one! At f/8 it's actually....pretty darned good! I bought it as a Nikon refurbished product at a Nikon Days event in-store for, I wanna say $39, about 13 years ago. Light, small, easy to carry, and a LOT more-versatile than say, just a plain ol' 50mm lens! The older 35-70mm f/3.3~4.5 AF-Nikkor is also another nice lens, which is just a little bit larger than say a 50mm f/1.4 AF lens is; still 52mm filter size, so it's not big around, and the range of 35mm to 70mm is very handy on 35mm film format!

Really? I acctually have that lens and figured it was as crummy as my 18-55 canon lenses!

The 28-70/3.5-4.5 AFD is a sleeper. Great walkaround lens.

well here she is. still need a new backdoor though
NCM_0165_zpsdbe766cd.jpg

Most reactions

Back