Reaction score
Website
www.studiobhiphop.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What do you all think?

j_town_lights.jpg

First of all, it's "y'all".....not you all!!!:lmao:

As to the shot, well it's too simplistic, but geometric. If the blue tinted balls are supposed to be white....you missed. Try cloning out what's below the roof line on the right bottom, it doesn't belong.

Thanks PNA. I never thought of cloning that part out. And the saturation was a classic case of 'over-finishing' the photo in photoshop. Thanks for pointing that out and the constructive criticism. I hope "ya'll" will like it now!

i think i would have opted for more depth of field... the roof tiles blur out the further you go back, but i think that if they were sharper to the peak, it would present a stronger contrast to the featureless blue sky. not only would it be a bit stronger, but i think it would carry the eye around a little more... since it blurs out, the eye loses interest past the lights... and the lights don't have enough texture to carry the image on it's own. at least in this small image, i don't see enough texture.

i do think the composition is pretty good though.

This photo has potentiall, but comes up a little short. I enjoy the simplicity of the shapes.

The photograph would have been most effective for me if the four dominant colors (orange-red, white, blue, and dark brown) would have been more purely represented. You could have used Photoshop to correct the tonal issues with the white spheres, as well as deepen the saturation of each color individually.

Because of your description of "messing up a decent photograph", I am going to assume that you are using a destructive methodology. You should practice non-destructive editing.

I like what you saw, but you came up short in your execution.

First of all, Thanks for all of your feedback. You all make very valid points and I will continue to work to become a better photographer.

Because of your description of "messing up a decent photograph", I am going to assume that you are using a destructive methodology. You should practice non-destructive editing.

I like what you saw, but you came up short in your execution.

What you see is actually the edited version according to initial suggestions from this posting. I had the original RAW file so I just went back and fixed the saturation issues. One thing I've learned from being a professional graphic designer is NEVER use destructive methodology. If you do, you will be inevitably be reproducing work so I definitely know the value of non-destructive methods.

Thanks,
~B

www.studiobhiphop.com

Most reactions

Back