Live 8

M

MDowdey

is anyone else watching it on aol live broadcast?

i am. although im not a fan of madonna or snoop dog, i AM waiting very impatiently for PINK FLOYD.

they have reunited with roger waters to play this concert. my favorite band of all time.

md

No. I find it rather hypocritical - all these millionaires wittering on about how everyone else should try to stamp out poverty. If Bono gave Christian aid all the money he normally spends on sunglasses I think you would find the problem would be solved.

I'm watching it on tv... Pink Floyd were the best! HERTZ!!! you are next to London and you are not there?!?!? come on man!!!!

oh i couldnt care less about the cause. sorry...i wanted to see floyd.

Hertz van Rental said:
No. I find it rather hypocritical - all these millionaires wittering on about how everyone else should try to stamp out poverty. If Bono gave Christian aid all the money he normally spends on sunglasses I think you would find the problem would be solved.

true, but at least they're trying to do something good.

andreag5 said:
i wanted to go to it, but there was supposed to be 1 million people (im not sure but thats what i heard) and i had work :grumpy:

Ooohh poor you!
But what I've seen in tv, concerts in Philly were rather poor (not to be offensive but it is my point of view) I enjoyed London most :D:D:D

MDowdey said:
is anyone else watching it on aol live broadcast?

i am. although im not a fan of madonna or snoop dog, i AM waiting very impatiently for PINK FLOYD.

they have reunited with roger waters to play this concert. my favorite band of all time.

md
I watched live 8 only to see Pink Floyd too ;) They were great when they came on! :hail:

Is it gonna be re-broadcast or something??? Some friends were talking about it the other night, but they missed it and really wanted to see it... especially the pink floyd stuff.

I heard it is going to be on DVD in October. Not sure if that is true or not.

Saw it on tv last night. They sung Hey Jude as the closing. i thought that was a poor choice. I would have expected them to sing something related to poverty as a closing song.

Otherwise it was good. Hopefully it helps somewhat.

you can stream it from www.bbc.co.uk/radio1 as they covered the entire show in Hyde Park, London.

I'm pretty sure AOL will too.

I really wish people would stop being so cynical about it all. The issue is no longer about sending lots of money to aid Africa but awareness. Millions was given 20 years ago and nothing changed. Corrupt governments need ousting and money that is raised needs to be sent to the right places.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back