Loading Film: Help!

Masq

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm using a canon EOS 1000N, and my film CONSTANTLY rolls back into the canister (all the way) whenever I try to load a new film in. How can I avoid this? Ive already had 4 rolls go back into the canister without even taking a single picture.

Also, is there a way to salvage the roll after the film rolls back into it? or am I SoL?

after it goes in...it's not likely to come out.

How exactly are you loading the film? It should not be going backwards at all. Are you pushing a button that rewinds the film or something?

Put the film into the little catch....and crank the shutter advance. Close the camera back. Shoot and advance the film until the counter says 1. Then you're good to go.

after it goes in...it's not likely to come out.

How exactly are you loading the film? It should not be going backwards at all. Are you pushing a button that rewinds the film or something?

Put the film into the little catch....and crank the shutter advance. Close the camera back. Shoot and advance the film until the counter says 1. Then you're good to go.

I put the roll into the slot, and pull the lead into the reel. When I take a picture, it drags the film back towards the camera. But the preload film (where the camera makes the winding sound for about half a minute) thing doesnt always go off. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm not sure about this model but many if not all of the Rebel's, wind all of the film out of the canister and onto the camera spool. Once you close the door and turn the camera on, you'll here the motor run for around 10 seconds as it does this. Of course as you take pictures it winds the film back into the canister one at a time.The idea being ,if you open up the camera by mistake pictures you've taken will be safe inside the canister. when the last picture is taken the camera zips the leader back inside and you have no need to rewind anything, just open up the back and take it out.... Is there a possibility this could be part of the problem?

Actually I just thought of something else ... On the Rebel Ti camera I remember a warning in the manual that if you had previously rewinded a film midroll and removed the film , before you put another roll in, the back must be closed, the camera turned on and the shutter fired to reset the camera. Otherwise when you put a new roll in, close the back and turn the camera on, it will just wind the film totally back into the cannister. Worth trying regardless if a midroll film rewind was done in the past or not IMO. Good Luck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back