Local Model..First real portrait session..(8 pics)

THORHAMMER

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Getting into portraits over here....
This is a local model who needs a better portfolio to get into the bigger agencies around LA... Just love my tamron 28-80 2.8 best lens I ever bought for the money.....
Everything was shot jpeg at about 2.8 - 3.2 with fill flash from a 580 with omnibounce jsut using the light from the tip angled vertical......

I have more to process.... but these are the good ones so far....
I know a few the white dress is a bit blown but it goes with the overall look she wanted anyway ;luckily it works in this situation.....

IMG_8419.jpg

IMG_8405.jpg

IMG_8404.jpg

IMG_8388.jpg

IMG_8500.jpg

IMG_8467.jpg

IMG_8452.jpg

IMG_8434.jpg

good job! i love the saturation.

4 and 5 are my faves :thumbup:

ON the whole the sesion looks great, the only ones my eye stayed on because something doesn't add up are #3, #6, #7. Dunno if its just me but number one and 2 have less depth of field making the bush in the bacground a little blurred and so her curly hair takes center stage, but in #3 there is more depth of field and the bush in the background is now in focus fighting for atention from the model's hair.
#6 just seems odd because it breaks the continuity of the whole series, but I love her expresion, very natural although I don't find it a purpose (because it breaks continuity).
#7 the only thing I don't like is that the hair is underexposed on the right side, since I find that her curls should be a little more visible (I have my monitor a little darker than most, and its a little bit old. If you do see the curls on your photo then its great)

Kudos in general... For this to be your "real" first portrait session, looks like you made a very good rapport with the model.

Most reactions

Back