Local Volunteer fire dept in action

EW1066

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is out local volunteer Fire Dept in action on 10/24/2009. This was my first time to photograph an event such as this. I think these are the best of the bunch. Looking for c&c

DSC_0179-1.jpg

DSC_0242-1.jpg

DSC_0202-1-1.jpg

DSC_0198-1.jpg

DSC_0197-1.jpg

DSC_0189-1-1.jpg

DSC_0182-1.jpg

DSC_0276-1.jpg

Thanks

Vince

34 views and no comments. Are they that bad? C'mon guys help me out. I post here for fun and education. 34 views with no comments is neither fun nor educational.

Tough crowd around here huh?

1= Great shot but I would straighten it out maybe crop or fix the exposure on the right.

3,4,5= I love the foreground how it helps to draw your eyes toward the fire and firefighters.

6= I would crop out the foreground

7= perfect in my opinion

8= just upsetting that those people are standing so close to a working fire but that has nothing to do with the photo.

:thumbup:Thumbs up I like them.

Thank you both for your feed back. Anyone else care to comment?

Vince

Looking for more c&c please

Vince

7 was a great shot! Wish you had something like that but rescuing a baby or something llike that. 8 was also good, but I think you should crop a little more. Try anticipating the reaction of a fireman aside from just standing there and dousing the fire. These are called human interest photos in which the photos tell a story.

I think:
3,4,5= I love the foreground how it helps to draw your eyes toward the fire and firefighters.

6= I would crop out the foreground

7= perfect in my opinion

8= just upsetting that those people are standing so close to a working fire but that has nothing to do with the photo.

6 is awesome, it could be one of those posters that demonstrates teamwork that are put in classrooms and stuff haha

8, although not cropped well, is one of the pictures that tells a more personal story. Those people are watching their home burn. The whole time I was there I was standing between them and the fire. I was close enough to feel the heat. I wanted to capture their reactions but I didn't have the heart to point the camera at them...in their face paparazzi style. So I waited until I was leaving.

Vince

Nice shots...

#2 I may have cropped a little off the bottom and included the top of the roof,
#3 Again with the cropping of the foreground, or maybe a landscape shot? But not knowing the overall scene hard to say...
#4, #5, #6 (see comment on #3)
#7 Good shot, but there seems to be a little something off with the detail of the firefighters? The one in the foreground seems over-sharpened? (Around his SCBA)
#8 Again i might have shot this one landscape.

This is the other shot that I took of the family..
DSC_0277.jpg

Vince

Nice group, #7 is by far the best. Like mj said there seems to be somthing slightly off im not sure what. it may be slight motion blur but still a great job!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back