Logo - What do you think? TurnLeftPics.com

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm making a logo for my new website to hold auto racing photos. TurnLeftPics.com is the domain all the drivers voted on. Last night, I woke up with this idea, and put it into digital form. What do you think?

#1 - Initial Design, words run together
#2 - Extended the L...does WONDERS for the logo.
#3 - Added subtle tire tracks behind lettering

Thoughts?

tlpIdea1.jpg

tlpIdea2.jpg

tlpIdea3.jpg

Well as a logo designer i can give you a critique, i hope it will be useful to you.

ok, overall the logo has a nice appearance, i like the arrow for the 'T' that works well.
Im not 100% sure of the typeface to be honest... for the joined word effect its not the easiest to read at a glance.. but if you have your heart set on it then ok.
The tire effect does add to the overall look of the logo, however... if you ever want to use the logo for many types of printed materials you will have a problem. The issue is, is that using a blended effect means that the logo cannot be vectored. In other words the edges cannot be defined due to the soft fade.
A way to resolve this is to make the 'track' into sections which progressively get lighter. This can be a pain tho.. so its up to you really... if you think you will never use it for anything other than the web then you can stick with it.

For an amature tho, good job :thumbup:

Well as a logo designer i can give you a critique, i hope it will be useful to you.

ok, overall the logo has a nice appearance, i like the arrow for the 'T' that works well.
Im not 100% sure of the typeface to be honest... for the joined word effect its not the easiest to read at a glance.. but if you have your heart set on it then ok.
The tire effect does add to the overall look of the logo, however... if you ever want to use the logo for many types of printed materials you will have a problem. The issue is, is that using a blended effect means that the logo cannot be vectored. In other words the edges cannot be defined due to the soft fade.
A way to resolve this is to make the 'track' into sections which progressively get lighter. This can be a pain tho.. so its up to you really... if you think you will never use it for anything other than the web then you can stick with it.

For an amature tho, good job :thumbup:

Great Advice! Wow!

I suppose that if people like the design, I can tweak it, and then redesign in Illustrator to have an official vector.

As for the typeface, I like some letters, and hate some.. I hate the "eft" in Left, but love the "urn" in Turn. Maybe I'll just design my own characters that fit what I like... now, I'm off to download a trial copy of Illustrator! Maybe since I haven't installed it yet on my current box, then I can have 30 days to play.

Thanks again for the GREAT advice!

I agree with you & Arch...the typeface isn't doing it for me...and the 'eftP' part really annoys me. Maybe if there was some separation after the t...maybe if it had a longer tail (which really helps the L).
Also, I like the arrow on the T...but I think that it could still use a bit of a top on the right side because it doens't really look like a T at all. It almost looks like 'Arrow'urnleftpics.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back