Logs

mrsid99

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found this mildly interesting....comments?

Logs1.jpg

good to know you are puttin that d10 to good use!

The pic looks a little washed out, did you take it on a automatic setting (i noticed that automatic setting is slightly over exposed for my d10). My first thoughts would be too saturate the colours a bit more.

The logs I find interesting, i would crop out the stuff on the right (or move the logs around about if i was feeling so inclined). To me the more interesting logs are on the left of the screen especially the grey gnarled one laying in the back.

Hi Mark!
Thank you for the kind words especially after some of my silly comments.
I've found that the light metering on mine is darn close to where it should be so now I tend to believe it and go for dead center.
This was way out there in fact I note the lens was set for 271mm ( 300mm is full smoke) and I used the zoom to set the frame because there was lots of uninteresting garbage in the vicinity. For reference, ISO was 100, F5.6 at 1/125 sec. exposure.

nice shot,
but my first thought was to take off a bit of greens from the pic!
(and then saturate!)

hmmm....i am to 'monochromatic' maybe? :D :D

Great subject Sid. If you can get back to it I'd concentrate on the end of the one in the middle of this frame and on the end of the one in the upper left.

Neat stuff going on there. :)

I agree with the comments about concentrating on a log or two in particular. Right now the subjects are a little scattered. It's a neat jumble of logs, but I'm not sure quite where my eye should go.

I agree about the composition, and I'd even dare say that for a subject like this, I'd like to get close to see the texture of the wood more, maybe even do some macro shots.

Thanks for the comments folks, the log pile was a result of some ground clearance around a local river bed and it would be darned tough to get much closer without jeopardizing my person or, more importantly, my camera.

I'd agree this image looks washed out. Interesting pile of logs, I can see why you were drawn to attempting it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back