LOL - the photos you can sell

reg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Stuck inside of Mobile with the GTFO Blues Again
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Long story short, there was this car/bike show thing near me, I took shots, gave a little card to some whose bikes I liked.

Well, I must admit it's a very nice picture of a wheel ( :) ) but tbh it was really just a test shot (testing exposure, the meter was reading funny to me at times) and PP was kinda quick-n-dirty.

None-the-less, I managed to sell an 8x10 of THIS?

burgman4of5.jpg

You rock! Care if I ask what your hand out cards look like or contain?

Yeah -

it's just a little, you know, standard 3.5x2" , with my name, email and phone number. I don't even have a website as of yet. And it's got a nice elegant font and it's really basic, but it works for what I do right now (just a hobbyist really, I sell a print now and then to cover the cost of a nice lunch...)

Cool. Vistaprint.com is a good start for cards. ANd if you need webspace shoot me a PM.

(disclaimer: I resell)

It's not so much that I need webspace as it is that having a bit of background in photoshop for design, I make like 15 different rough drafts of a layout or design and then never use any of them because I eventually deem them all "horrible".

It's not so much that I need webspace as it is that having a bit of background in photoshop for design, I make like 15 different rough drafts of a layout or design and then never use any of them because I eventually deem them all "horrible".
I feel you. I do the same darn thing.

Have to be a motorcyclist to understand.

There's a combination of the images look, feel, and the physical aspect of how the dirt is on the tire, the technology of the brake and wheels, design of the fender, and simplicity of the picture.

When I see that picture it reminds me of touring along a favourite road, crisp fall air, coming into a corner, applying the binders, feeling the weight transfer, suspension compressing, releasing the brakes smoothly and leaning into the corner, getting on the gas and hearing the engine come to life while feeling yourself being swept away. At this point, life stops. It doesn't matter. Things become simple and automated in a way nothing in life can replicate.

Last night I just sat in the garage for ~15 min looking at my melted front tire on my Aprilia RSVR from a track day I did a few nights ago. Not sure what I was thinking now that I recall, but I know it was good thoughts =)

So mind if I ask how you presented this photo to him, or how he approached you about buying? I have a picture in my head of him asking to see some photos you took of his bike or something, did you just decide to throw this in? I'm only asking because you sounded surprised that someone wanted your test shot. I think it's a great picture. Sorry newbie got into the professional Gallery.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back