LOL...

Geez - stop being so negative.

The truth is that a 5D is not going to get you paid all that much because it is only considered a middle of the line pro camera. Not even a great one at that - do not be fooled by it's high price, it's all marketing. For image quality, even the 400D or 450D is considered superior - hence the higher model numbers.

If you are really serious, to get top pay, you will need the 1DsMkIII. Pair this with that Sigma 10-22 and National Geographics will knock down your door with check in hand.

Do not listen to all the negatives, they are just scared of talented newbs with pro equipment. Pro equipment makes years of learning obsolete.

Good shooting.

The only way to become an instant pro is to buy the best equipment out there:
if its canon you are after:
EOS-1D Mark III (the 5d wont make you an instant pro but this will) $4099
Telephoto EF 600mm f/4.0L IS Image Stabilizer USM Autofocus Lens )a good telephoto lens $7.600
Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto EF 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6L IS USM Autofocus Lens A wide lens is a must! $2300
SKB camera case $820.99
That is the main kit that will make you an automatic pro, now go out and buy what I suggest and make lots of money from your purchase, good luck...

:greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl:

being that there are a lot of professionals in this forum who shoot weddings with 30d and 40ds I think your statement saying 5d is middle of the line is pretty incorrect. There's certain applications where 5d would prevail and 30 or 40 wouldn't as well as where 30 or 40d prevail over 5d.

the 1d wouldnt make you an instant pro just the same as saying you couldn't take pro level shots with a rebel(which you can).

I'm a believer in buying what you can afford and having ambition to pursue goals.

Per your original thread charge what people will pay. What photographers forget to realize is that most people out there don't understand all the technical jargin with photography as well as composition so a lot of time people are happy with shots even with shadows all over the place.

Some of my absolute favorite shots ever of my fiance and I were done with kodak easy share. I'd have paid a lot for them honestly. Now that I'm involved with photography a lot more though I'd care about shadows, lighting, etc.

Oh, I see, so top-of-the-line cameras have the longest jumble of unintelligible random letters, figures, and alphabets, right?

You are absoletely right. 1DsMkIII must be more Canon marketing.

400D and 450D are definitely the way to go for pro quality shots.

I mean, come on, the 5D and 1DsMkIII can't even use EF-S lens right? 400D and 450D can take everything.

"pro" who use 30D/40D are saving up for 400D/450D, unless the 500D comes out, then more saving required

400d is rebel xti and 450d is xsi.

30d/40d are MSRP 1k more expensive and more professional

Noone with w 30d or 40d is saving to get a rebel.

I think you have them mixed up Myst.

Lots of good advice in this thread, I agree that spending $10k plus should put you up there with the best in the businesses. You would only have to sell a measly 10 photos at $1k each to break even, I bet you could do that in your first week.

Dream BIG!!!

As serious as the OP :)

hmm ... I guess my newbness was too believable? Scaring myself :er:

Glad I didn't recommend Canon's line of excellent refurbished cameras ... Canon indicate a camera is refurbished by putting the "D" in front of model number ... such as D80, D300, D3 ... :lmao:

hmmm maybe i should move this to the off topics?

Not that it makes any difference... but you sure have my vote to do this. This has little to do with photography IMHO... it has to do with common sense (or the distinct lack of it).

yea im gonna go ahead and move this over to off topics... i wouldn't want a newcomer to read any of this in the beginners section to be honest!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back