London, 20-21 August 2005: First European Meet-up

Mentos: the meeting on Saturday is at 10:30 a.m. in the bar of SAFFRON HOTEL in Saffron Walden. Let's just see and feel what we would want to do on Sunday, ok?

Lensmeister: BUMMER, BUMMER, BUMMER! :cry:
We now MUST have a second meet-up soon and I am sure WE WILL.
Maybe by then I can show up with a proper SLR-camera again!?!?!?!?!? And not with a "tourist-snapper", as my son deprecatingly called my compact digital camera :(

I'll leave the issue on what-are-we-doing-on-Sunday to all the UK citizens because I have no idea what we can do in the nearby, what is there. If we plan seriously to go to the zoo in Luton (sp?) so I think that'd be great if somebody could give more info on how to get there, how much do we have to pay for tickets and so on...

I AM GETTING EXCITED !! !! !! :D

Who else is?

I AM! I REALLY REALLY AM!!! Especially that I'm leaving on Monday 15th!!!!

huh... Chase... you are not allowed there :p it is strictly private meeting coz we gonna discuss about YOU and the rest of TPF gang :p hyhyhyhyhy :) lol
That'd be fun... I"LL BE IN LONDON YAY!!!!!

Hertz, do you know by know who all is coming?
Is Triggerhappy coming?
Or Scurra?

PlasticSpanner is.
So is robhesketh.
And mataji.
And you.
Mentos.
Myself.
My sister.

Who else?

(Lensmeister is having a little marriage row over not being able to come, dalebe is in Cornwall with the family...)

and my friend too
I think that the final list may be done on place in Saffron...maybe somebody will change their mind and come to Saffron instead of other things? you never know

I know what LaFoto looks like and maybe Mentos but I'm not sure about anybody else! So if you see me sat at the bar or a table on my own please come over & introduce yourselves! (Please don't play the "pretend nobody came" trick! :er: :lol: )

My hair is a lot shorter now and the beard has gone but the tash remains! Oh and the cute little boy on the right will have been removed from my side for the day to both our dislike!

daddynoah1cb.jpg

Now Mentos and her friend Magda have already arrived in London... Ah, this is getting thrilling and more thrilling.... Only four more days and I'll climb on board our plane, too, and my sister... whoa! Great! :D
And Ms Haigh, our B&B host, wrote she'd do what she can to make the weather improve for the next weekend to come!
All US members, help her, will you????? PLEASE!

Good morning all, I am working Friday night :sad anim: I will finish at 6am sat. morning. Then a 45 min drive home. I will get a couple of hrs sleep and should be ok to come across, if thats still ok with you guys? If I can't make Sat I will be over on Sunday.

Sounds reasonable, Rav. Hey, welcome to the forum, in the first place. I don't know if we have ever met on here before? Anyhow: we can't be sure to be staying in the Saffron Hotel all the while. My idea of the meet-up is to not only meet, but also to go out on some sort of photo excursion, within Saffron Walden, but maybe also in the surroundings, which would include Finching Field and Audley End House, for example. Thing is, we want to play it by ear, which means we can't tell you exactly where we shall be at what time. You might want to leave your mobile phone number with Hertz van Rental (through PM)? So we can arrange things on short notice. And no definite plans have been made for the Sunday, either... but you are very welcome to come! Just thought I better tell you this.

Thanks for that. Thats a good idea I will PM Hertz later with my number. I am trying to change my shift with someone. It will be nice to be able to get some advice from someone who knows their stuff. I will be coming from Bedford if any one needs a lift.

If anyone happens to be driving somewhere near harrow on their way through a lift would be much appreciated but the train isn't out of the question for me, it's a shame we aren't going to be slightly closer to epping because getting there for me is quite simple.

hello there everyone, i was waiting for my work rota to come out and now it has and they placed me off on those days so count me in. Im not sure if i will be able to drive because my car is on schedule for body work (i was in a fender bender a week ago :x ) honda might ask me to bring it in on those days. so if anyone is planning to commute to saffron walden please tell me how, i will come from carshalton in surrey (about 20 minutes from victoria station). It would be a great benefit for me to see and learn from you guys :D .

oh and do we know what time we will meet?

All the best :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back