London at Night

Mohain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gtbphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was archiving some of my older RAWs last night and came across this which I'd previously ignored. A little creative cropping and I quite like it now! No great shakes but thought I'd share...

london_night.jpg

Nights are drawing in. Lots of night photo to be had. Hoorah!

Cheers,

Mohain

Pays to review the archives from time to time. Delightful picture, well cropped, the yellows and the blues showing really takes the picture over the edge

Amazing as always Mo. Love it.

That's a great shot... I wish there were places like that around where I live... :)

What a good shot. I like how the city lights are reflected in the clouds

awesome shot mo, glad you dug it out!.... cool reflection on the water :thumbup:

Oh my, I think that's an awesome shot!! I love the blues and purples over on the right hand side.

From where did you take the picture?

I have to agree with evryone else.. I Love it.. I wish that there was somewhere like that around here..

Thanks for your groovy comments :)

Anty, I got invited to an lunch of a new photo library which was a few buildings up from the Savoy. If you were to get a top floor river view room in the Savoy you'd get a very similar view.

Cheers,

Mohain

amazing shot Mo, love the colors, and the comp/crop you selected... :thumbup: care to share your technique/exif?

Thanks TommiP & JTHPhoto :)

The Exif info is attached JTHphoto. f11, 30secs, iso80. I didn't have a tripod so had to rest it on a wall. This is the only pic of about 20 that was sharpish. Infact, the original is a little soft but sharpens up ok after reduction. I set the white balance on the clouds in ACR to get rid of the orange tinge and boosted saturation, increased the shadows and dodged the sky a little.

Mohain said:
Thanks TommiP & JTHPhoto :)

The Exif info is attached JTHphoto. f11, 30secs, iso80. I didn't have a tripod so had to rest it on a wall. This is the only pic of about 20 that was sharpish. Infact, the original is a little soft but sharpens up ok after reduction. I set the white balance on the clouds in ACR to get rid of the orange tinge and boosted saturation, increased the shadows and dodged the sky a little.

thanks, turned out really good. how can I view the exif? only way i can think of right now is to save it to disk and open in PS, but I don't have PS on my work computer... is there an easier way?

again, great shot!

JTHphoto said:
thanks, turned out really good. how can I view the exif? only way i can think of right now is to save it to disk and open in PS, but I don't have PS on my work computer... is there an easier way?

again, great shot!

You can install Opanda iexif, it's freeware and you can simply right click on photos to view the exif information in IE or Firefox

http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/index.html

Great photo by the way!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back