Look at this building!

great color, clarity.... my only nit to pick would be the receding perspective.

too bad you couldn't get just a wee bit wider and then straighten the perspective in PS.

Color seems a bit oversaturated...just a little but it's really in your face color...I just took a closer look in Flickr and you have blues in your bricks, trees, stone...pretty much everywhere. Blue, especially a cobalt blue is one of those colors where a little goes a long-long-long way.

Tasteful tone mapping without overdoing it. The perspective distortion is a little bit bothersome to me as well.

Looking at flicker the blue does seem to be on some parts of the brick. Looking at the original size on flicker I think you may have went a little heavy on sharpen there is lots of crinkles.The building is stunning.

Thanks for the replies, everyone! I don't take pictures like this often so i appreciate all your replies!
I didnt look that closely at it, but it is a bit oversaturated. I can agree with that.
As for the sharpening, i dont think i sharpened it that much so but i guess its still possible for it too be too much!
Perspective distortion; y'all lost me! I know what it is, and how to prevent it next time, but i dont see how its a problem here. I'm not saying its not a problem, i just would like someone to explain what they mean when they said receding perspective?
This was a circular building, in case you didnt know

The sides slant in from bottom to top. unless it was a cone, that is perspective distortion.

You can fix it using PS (skew/perspective).

Except if you straighten it, the sides will end up being cropped at the edges of the frame.

I did this tutorial a while back... and the first step is fixing the perspective skew. imagine just stretching the top of the frame until the walls are vertical.

And in this thread I stretched the bottom, but same idea. Just look at the door on the right in the before and after and you'll see what I mean.

Didn't see NYC's post before I did this...his probably works as well, better, whatever. There are lots of ways to correct keystone.

The problem with doing as Ceeboy suggests is that there is now an awful lot that must be either cloned or painted in in the lower corners. That being said, I don't mind the convergence in this image. I just wish it was framed a bit wider to have captured the full base of the building.

It wasn't an edit per se, more an instruction...sorry for the faux pas. I can assure you it won't happen again.

Most reactions

Back