Look up....waaaay up - cc please

bigtwinky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pierrebphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Curious what you all think. Was more of a random shot, happened to look up and saw this.

And no, its not HDR

4121398140_b888de96f3_o.jpg

I really like the perspective.
I makes me feel like I'm gonna fall backwards and get crushed.

Now that I look at it a lot that black spot on the building on the top is quite distracting. Not that you could control it. I still like the shot!

Nicely done, and yet, somehow, not quite 100 percent satisfying to me. The sky detail is nice,and the bottom-most building looks very cool. But there's just something I can't quite put my finger on that makes me not like this shot 100 percent, which is weird because I can usually decide what it is that I like or do not like about a photo. Maybe it's the large areas of deep, almost detail-free blacks....I dunno...it's like sweet and sour sauce, you know??

Thanks for the comments...

Things I have now seen that I might adjust are the somewhat brighter sky elements on the middle left of the image and the very dark areas in the top building/center.

This was actually an older shot I took over the summer that I stumbled upon when looking through my..uh...older shots taken this summer lol.

I did some processing on it to get more details out, so I may have to re-ajust.

I agree with Derrel though, its a good image, but there is something missing.

Thanks for the comments... any more are always welcome!

Looks like crap, unfocused, too much sky, not sure what the subject is. i'd burn this image if i took it. F minus.

Last edited:
the top of the building is blurry - zoom in using a program that has a zoom function - you'll see it.

the top of the building is blurry - zoom in using a program that has a zoom function - you'll see it.
Well it's meant to be.. The subject of the photo is the building, and the angle suggests it is kind of blending into the sky, if it was sharp all the way up then the picture would look strange, and the wide angle distortion effect wouldnt work.

I'm just saying its out of focus.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back