Look what I found!

WaywardShinobi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.asronphotography.tumblr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, so I was in town today bored and decided to venture into my local Goodwill store. I didn't expect to find anything much. While rummaging around the electronics tables I happen upon this little gem:

azdx6h.jpg

A Canon EOS Rebel GII with the kit lens (Canon zoom lens EF 35-80mm 1:4-5.6)

I immediately snatched it up before any other nefarious shoppers saw it first. I gave it a once over (and a twice) and look for a price. When I saw the tag I thought I'd gone blind. It was $3.99 plus tax.

When I saw that price I just thought that maybe it was broken and someone brought it in figuring Goodwill would sell it for parts. I looked in the battery compartment and noticed that it had batteries, turned it to Av mode and tried autofocusing it. It worked.

I ended up buying it. I also went over to wal-mart to pick up the cheapest film I could find (Fujifilm 200 2pack) just to test it and some fresh batteries (cost 10 bucks, more than the camera, lol!). Loaded the film, it cycled, and I took the first shot. It advanced perfectly.

Hopefully the pictures will come out good since I don't know much about cameras and couldn't really tell the quality of the lens and such.

Anyway, here are a few crappy pictures I took of it with my phone camera:
bj381.jpg

012714512.jpg

012714502.jpg

012714492.jpg

01271448a2.jpg

What do ya'll think?

How would you like to tell your future grandkids that their grandpa (you in 30 years!) once bought a camera and sold it the next day, "for over FIVE TIMES what I payed for it!!!"

If you'd like to be able to tell that story, then sell it to me for $20, and you'll bask in the satisfaction of having turned a huge profit on an old, junked Goodwill camera!:lol:

How would you like to tell your future grandkids that their grandpa (you in 30 years!) once bought a camera and sold it the next day, "for over FIVE TIMES what I payed for it!!!"

If you'd like to be able to tell that story, then sell it to me for $20, and you'll bask in the satisfaction of having turned a huge profit on an old, junked Goodwill camera!:lol:

Lol! I would but I already put around 18 bucks into it with the batteries and all. Besides, it's currently the only camera I own at the moment. When I DO get a dslr and if the offer still stands then I'll most likely do it.

You've inspired me to check out some of the thrift stores around here! how fun! :)

Should be intresting to see what that camera produces. Dont forget to post some pics!

Nice find.

You won't get much for it on E-bay. Some people are giving these things away because they sit unused since those people bought digital cameras.

But the good news is that you have a fully functioning camera that can help you take some great photos....maybe even some that are in focus, unlike your phone camera. ;)

Good job. I would'nt expect a good dollar for it though. My MINT Elan7e grippped with 2 remottes went for 99US a few weeks ago.

The funny part is that at any given time, I can look at my local 'Bargain Finder' (buysell.com) and see cameras like this listed for up to $200.
Or maybe I've just seeing the same ones, listed over and over again...because there is no way that a cheap film SLR cameras would sell for that much.

I haven't finished both rolls yet, but when I do and get them developed I'll send some of them this way.

@Big Mike: Tell me about it, my phone camera is ridiculous. I can get some decent photos if things are kinda far away, but things about a foot-and-a-half away are completely out of focus.

Most reactions

Back