Looking for a Bag

chrisburke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisburke.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Whats a good bag (back pack style) that will hold 2 bodies, 3-4 lens, flash grip and a bunch of cables and charges and crap? Looking for a decent price..

God I swear camera bags have to be like purses to my mother. I own about 5 of them, and I am always looking for another better one.

The backpack ones I have are a Tamarac Expedition 3, which I love, but it's very small and WAY too small to hold 2 bodies. I have a RIDICULOUSLY large Tenba backpack at home that will hold everything including the family dog, but it's at home so I can't offer you much advice other than "good lord don't get one too big because it becomes really annoying".

I just picked up the LowePro Vertex 200, and it holds quite a bit.
2 Bodies 4 or 5 lenses Grip and all the other stuff. as a plus it comes with a Tripod holder.
Nice straps, has an internal frame and it holds a laptop.

I love my Tamrac CyberPro -- also holds my 15.4" laptop

What about Lowepro Slingshot 300? It's a shoulder type backpack though - weight is on your right shoulder and supposedly your waist (never got it to work this way).

Can easily fit two bodies (gripped), 70-200 with hood reversed and tripod ring off, 580EXII, 4 more lens (mostly hood off) ... has one large compartment to store the extra hoods, tripod ring, rocket blower, etc ... has little compartment for lens pen, lens cloth, extra batteries (camera & flash), CF cards ...

It is HUGE and can get heavy.

For heavy loads over extended trips, the slingshot is not as comfortable as a traditional backpack. It is a compromise between shoulder and backpack style bags. I do like my slingshot 200AW though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back