Looking for a Camera...

thunderfunk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I have really just gotten into this hobby, and the camera which I am currently using is an old Pentax with a 135mm lens...it came from a neighbor for free. But I am now looking into the wonderful world of Digital Photography and am looking for an advanced P&S to begin with. I have been eyeing the Nikon L100....does anybody have any experience with this??? Or is there something better in the same price range which somebody would suggest??

I have owned the Canon A630 for a couple of years and have taken some great shots with it. I never did explore out of the Auto mode. It is not a pocket camera but a good one to learn on. I am upgrading in a couple of weeks to the Canon SX10 IS. It got excellent reviews on Amazon. Many people refer to it as a so called bridge camera. I know a few people who have it and have taken some pretty amazing shots with it. It also has macro. You can get your best info. and reviews on Amazon.com once you have your eye on something.
Good luck! ;)

You can scroll down on the page and read the reviews. I also had my eye on that camera a while ago but switched to the Canon SX10 IS for personal preferences.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Coolpix-L100-Vibration-Reduction/dp/B001PK8FHE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1243114971&sr=8-1[/ame]

I have the Canon SX10 IS and Love it. It is the first real camera I have owned and it has some nice features. The super macro is amazing and but I'm not very good with composition/lighting/coloring etc..., so my shots don't always come out great. I have seen others take great shots with it and it has great potential. It also has raw, but I don't really know how to post process so I always shoot in jpg.

I also really like the flip out lcd screen and the fact you can flip it every which way. I've gotten a few neat shots at weird angles I otherwise wouldn't of gotten. The LCD when turned on does suck alot of power but when you use the view finder it lasts for hundreds of shots, hours of shooting. My only gripe is that the pictures look way better on you computer than they do on the screen, so sometimes its hard to tell till you get home if they turned out alright.

Here are a few shots I've taken recently, again I'm a beginer so I'm sure they could be much better.

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg

I have the Canon SX10 IS and Love it. It is the first real camera I have owned and it has some nice features. The super macro is amazing and but I'm not very good with composition/lighting/coloring etc..., so my shots don't always come out great. I have seen others take great shots with it and it has great potential. It also has raw, but I don't really know how to post process so I always shoot in jpg.

I also really like the flip out lcd screen and the fact you can flip it every which way. I've gotten a few neat shots at weird angles I otherwise wouldn't of gotten. The LCD when turned on does suck alot of power but when you use the view finder it lasts for hundreds of shots, hours of shooting. My only gripe is that the pictures look way better on you computer than they do on the screen, so sometimes its hard to tell till you get home if they turned out alright.

Here are a few shots I've taken recently, again I'm a beginer so I'm sure they could be much better.

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg
These pics came out nice! How long have you had your camera? I will have mine in a couple of weeks! Can't wait!

X2 on the Cannon G9. I am a Nikon guy (as noted in my sig) but for P-n-S the G9 is AWESOME! The G10 is ok too but it doesn't have time lapse so i would go with the older G9.

forget the advanced P&S cameras....youll just end up paying more for a nicer camera later, the lenses are slow, the shutter lag is horrible, no exact framing, they suck with high ISOs, and you cant change the lenses.

Id suggest a Canon XS, the kit lens is the equiv of a 3x zoom on a P&S, and you have the option of getting new lenses.

Most reactions

Back