Looking for a good camera backpack

wharvey86

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,

I'm currently shopping around for a new backpack for my new Dslr. I am looking for some suggestions on which bag would be the best fit for my needs. I normally will be using it for a few weekend day trips, which may involve some light hiking, or possibly take it up on the slopes for some skiing photography. So i will definitely need a bag with decent padding and insulation as to help fight condensation when i use it in the cold/coming into the warmth. Recently the lowepro slingshot 200 seemed to catch my eye. I figured the ease of the one shoulder strap would make it nice to take on the ski lift i could just slide it in front of me. As for the size of that pack i was wondering if anyone may have any personal experience with it. I saw on a few posts that people have used it for some 55-200mm lenses but i was wondering if my new sony a300 would fit well with both the kit lens and the 75-300mm lens that i got with it. I am always up for any more suggestions for a good new pack, im trying to keep it within a tighter budget so im am looking for something in the under $150 range so any suggestions/comments?

-btw here is a link to the slingshot 200 i found
-http://www.rei.com/product/745010

Hey, I have the same camera and in almost the exact situation looking for a case. That's an awesome price for that bag! Let us know if you end up getting it, I'd like to know how it works for ya.

The Tamrac Adventure series are great. I just ordered the 7, and its on its way. I've really only owned one other bag, the Tamrac Velocity. The tamrac velocity was horrible, and it steered me away from any shoulder sling type bag for its tenancy to come around and smack you in the face whenever you bend over, which got me increasinly agitated. That as well as in order to firmly secure it to your back you had to uncomfortable tighten the strap, which just looked funny with it going from the top of your shoulder through your opposite armpit. Then you had to deal with the long strap hanging down which had to be safety pinned back, which led to it being hard to adjust.

That was just one shoulder type bag I've had bad experiences with, and the slingshot might be better. I dunno. I just like the security of the backpack, especially when doing any type of sport.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back