looking for a specific type of bag with a rain cover.

dannylightning

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i am looking for something that will fit this lens with my camera attached to it. i do not want to put anything else in the bag besides a extra battery so basically it really just needs to have one on compartment on it that this lens and camera will fit in to, a strap to strap my mono pod to the bag would be also be nice and it needs to have a rain cover built in... preferably something around 50 bucks..

when i go shooting birds i take this lens and a battery with me, unless i plan on doing other types of shooting everything else stays at home... i am looking for a bag like this does anyone know of one that will work... dimensions of the lens are below..

basically my backpack with all my gear in it gets heavy.. so if i want to lighten up the load i need to take every thing out of the backpack or carry all the weight around.. feels like its about 30 lbs with all my lenses and flashes and what not in the bag.. i would rather just have a separate bag that i can throw this camera in, a smaller bag would also be nice instead of a big full sized back pack when i am only taking the one lens with me..

backpack...PNG

this is what needs to fit inside...

so we have 15 x 7 x 6 inches on the dimensions ( i figured out exactly what would be the perfect size.. so the dimensions in the photos, one of them is off a bit...

IMG_3294.jpg

IMG_3295.jpg

Last edited:
the lens came with a nice case. if this were waterproof and i could fit the camera and the lens in the case this would have been perfect.. here is a photo of that. i am looking for something in the back pack style but really minimal like this, but i do need to be able to fit the camera and the lens in it and i want it to have a rain cover...

the point of the case is just to protect it on car rides, to keep it form getting wet if it starts to rain and cutting down on the weight of carrying my big back pack full of gear when all i am going to be using is this lens.

looks like this case is 6 x 7 x 11 so i guess a 6 x 7 x 15 inch compartment would probably work..

IMG_3296.JPG

Last edited:
Look into the Lowepro Top Loader AW (all weather ) series.

Look into the Lowepro Top Loader AW (all weather ) series.

thanks.. i just pulled up all their top loader series bags and it looks like the biggest ones internal dimensions are about 6 x 7 x 11 so it does not look like those are going to work..

i think that may be a little too short. plus its pretty roomy in there, i want it to fit kind of snug inside of the bag with out too much room to move around inside..

this is what i have now.. which works pretty well.. its the lowerpro runner 300 aw.. its just long enough to work.. when i take the other stuff out all the deviders bulge and what not.. so its still not quite ideal for just carrying the one lens due to the size and weight.. but it works..

a compartment size of 15 x 6 x 7 inches would be just about perfect.. looks like its gonna be hard to find that i think..

IMG_3297.JPG

Bubble wrap and duct tape?

it looks like the lower pro flipside 300 may work but it does not have a weather cover..

the Flipside Sport 15L AW just might do the job.. a bit more than i wanted to spend and it looks like its bright orange or blue only... blue may work.. gonna do some reading up on that model.. not exactly what i want but if i cant find anything else it will probably work.

a slightly smaller, light weight and less expensive version of the lowerpro lens trekker 600 aw III would be ideal...

Tuck it into your belt like a real man. Cowboy up.

Lowepro Slingshots have a rain cover. The medium might suit your needs. I have that and the biggest one. They are great!

it looks like that lower pro flipside 300 will fit my lens and camera which i have found for about 60 bucks..... i never thought about it but i can also get a generic rain cover for a back pack that i can throw in there.

as of right now i think that is the way i am going to go unless someone knows of something better.

Not sure if you've bought something yet or not, but I just got a Lowepro Trekker 450 AW, and it fits my Nikon 200-500 with room to spare length-wise. It fits about perfectly width-wise with the hood on backwards, and I know the Sigma is wider, so it may just fit. It's an awesome bag, really solid feeling and I have no doubts it will last a long time.

Not sure if you've bought something yet or not, but I just got a Lowepro Trekker 450 AW, and it fits my Nikon 200-500 with room to spare length-wise. It fits about perfectly width-wise with the hood on backwards, and I know the Sigma is wider, so it may just fit. It's an awesome bag, really solid feeling and I have no doubts it will last a long time.

thanks, i actually decided to just keep the current backpack that i have for my 150-600 since its works, and since i could not quite find what i was looking for i bough one of those lower pro sling bags or what ever you call them to put my other gear in.

Most reactions

Back