Looking for a vintage rangefinder

This is a tad off subject but not really, basically, I wanna know what size lens hood I should get for my Canon A35F. Its a 40mm lens

It's the diameter of the lens filter threads that determine the hood size, not the focal length of the lens.

Canon did make other rangefinder cameras that did accept Leica threaded lenses though.

..but good luck finding one for under $50.. hah.

It was mentioned simply to answer his question about interchangeable lenses as he seemed to have confused the Canonet models with the LTM Canon rangefinder models. It wasn't meant as a suggestion to purchase one.

It's the diameter of the lens filter threads that determine the hood size, not the focal length of the lens.

It says it uses 48mm filters but I couldnt find anything specific about hoods :/

^ Then is uses hoods with a 48mm thread diameter too.

*I have a Fed 2 that I got on E Bay a few years back for $12. Pictures OK but it weighs a ton and a half to carry. The rangefinder is not a Leica either. It is a lot harder to focus quickly. I enjoy using the old cameras. One I have set up lately is a Kodak Pony 828. I have to cut my own backiing paper and film but it is fun to use. A Pony 135 is a manual camera that is light, cheap and very quick to use. Where do you plan on doing the sidewalk photography? In some cases you may want a light camera so you can run faster.

*I have a Fed 2 that I got on E Bay a few years back for $12. Pictures OK but it weighs a ton and a half to carry. The rangefinder is not a Leica either. It is a lot harder to focus quickly. I enjoy using the old cameras. One I have set up lately is a Kodak Pony 828. I have to cut my own backiing paper and film but it is fun to use. A Pony 135 is a manual camera that is light, cheap and very quick to use. Where do you plan on doing the sidewalk photography? In some cases you may want a light camera so you can run faster.

Yea, I gave up on rangefinders. I got a nikon f80 now :)

I recently purchased a Voigtlander Vitomatic II on EBAY. Sent it out for CLA, looking forward to shooting with it! Nice size camera and they have a great lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back