Looking for C&C or ideas on Church Photo's

SuperMom30

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know you guys are prob sick of C&C my photo's but I have learned so much from you all and wanting to learn so much more.

20090709_43.jpg

20090709_48.jpg

20090709_47.jpg

I'd try a wider angle lens and move closer and lower. Is this for the church? or for your own artwork? If it was for the church I'd come back another day when the clouds were casting a even lighting (so like overcast). and #2's crop seems odd and too square.

And maybe with the wide angle, sit in front of that tree in #2 and that could be a good angle!

There seems to be some CA going on in the first image. White balance looks off too.

Not quite sure what you're trying to do here. Honestly, these just look like snapshots to me.

I like number two the best,fills the frame,has some cloud action going on.would have liked to have seen the tip of #3 with some blue above it,made me feel like i missed the tip, #1 seemed like the sun was casting a yellow glow and a funky shadow,
I do however like the composition of all three,and could see them on any Sunday bulletin

Thank you...Im just shooting for myself..I love shooting animals and kids but thought I would work on something a little more easy and practice practice practice...the church is by my house so I just picked it to keep practicing on.

I don't think these look like snapshots, I think they look like they have some thought behind them. The composure is pretty good and so is the exposure, I like them.

Next time step back a little farther if you can, nice start SuperMom.

...thought I would work on something a little more easy...

Nothings easy, honey. ;)

Work on your angles, straight horizons, and keep shooting!
The cros could make a cool pic, filling the frame to the point that there is just the center circle, and "arms" leading out of frame. But thats the abstract me talking. :)

#1 looks to have some white balance issues and 'purple fringing' from your lens. By the way the 'CA' mentioned before means 'Chromatic Aberration' and you can find out more about that here at Wikipedia along with purple fringing also at Wikipedia.

#'s 2 & 3 need a little straightening and post process work.

Unless you cropped before posting you 'filled the frame' in all of these. :thumbup:

I did a little editing:
20090709_43.jpg

20090709_48.jpg

I didn't crop after fixing the tilt so you could see how much it had to be rotated.
20090709_47.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back