Looking for feedback

Feezor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright now that I have had my camera a whole 3 days I have been out shooting and reading alot. I would like to get some help on how to make my pictures better so here are a couple different shots

These are all night photos seems to be what interested me for tonight. Any feedback is appreciated.

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

Frontentrynight1.jpg

Canon T1i 18-55mm kit lens

Alright now that I have had my camera a whole 3 days I have been out shooting and reading alot. I would like to get some help on how to make my pictures better so here are a couple different shots

These are all night photos seems to be what interested me for tonight. Any feedback is appreciated.

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

Frontentrynight1.jpg

Canon T1i 18-55mm kit lens
Hi, I am a newbie, but I hope you dont mind my comments.

I liked the first one and felt the remaining either had exposure drawback or/and is repetitive.

Also, I really dont know what you meant by the last one .

Thank you.

As the previous poster said, I think the first one is your best. The light fall off as you move towards the top of the frame is a nice effect.

The last photo could be better with some bumped up contrast and yellows.

Good luck with your new camera!

The 1st 3 are OK, with interesting stuff going on in the sky. I prefer the 2nd. You have an extreme range of brightness, so it's just a personal choice of how dark you want the sky and how bright you want the white car lights. I think it would be improved by adding a prominent foreground element. I wonder how HDR would work for that scene; of course the light trails would be all screwy, but it might be interesting screwy!

I kinda like #4, and I agree with cfphoto above about bumping up.

#1, IMO, looks too bright. The lit road takes away from the trails of light produced by the cars. I'm going to have to say #2 is your best. The exposure is closer than any of the others. I like that you can see the mountain range in the back but the sky isn't to bright or yellowing. I'm not sure what it going on in #4.

Thank you for the comments and tips. With #4 the whole reasoning behind it was to try and see if I could take a picture at night with very little light and still get a decent picture. The only light in that area was the porch light.

Pictures 1-3 were all relatively the same just different settings and I know it is kind of a personal opinion on how much light you want in the frame but still wanted to see what other people thought.

As stated I have not even had the camera a week yet and this is my first DSLR or first time even holding one quite frankly. I do look to progress and become better.

Thanks for the comments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back