Looking for first camera

I was able to find a bundle including all of this for $649. Is this a good deal? Would it be better to invest a little and buy the D5300 or should I start off with this bundle instead?
  • D5200 Digital SLR Camera (Body Only, Red)
  • 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Autofocus Lens
  • 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED AF-S DX Autofocus Lens
  • 2.5X Telephoto and 0.45X Super Wide Angle High Definition Lens Set
  • JumpStart Training Guide on DVD for Digital SLR Photography
  • 16GB SDHC/SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 R40 Memory Card
  • EN-EL14A Rechargable Li-ion Battery
  • 52mm UV, Polarizer & FLD Deluxe Filter kit (set of 3 + carrying case)
  • High Speed mini-HDMI to HDMI A/V Cable 6 Feet
  • Hi-Speed SD USB 2.0 Card Reader
Be careful I've heard of those cameras in those bundles being "grey products " I think is the term. Google it. It's not good quality or something.

But I'd this a grey item? The term I think they use for cameras that are not up to the same standards? I heard something about that.

Grey market means imported without guarantee. This one is said to be used with guarantee. Buying used at B&H is safe. Forget Amazon. Buy either B&H or Adorama. Before buying, call the store and ask them whether it's grey or not, they'll tell you.

If you live in Chicago, I am selling my Canon 60D with 17-40mm F4 L lens. Give me a PM if you are interested

I really like the Nikons I have had, I find the controls easy and very quick to use. The starter lens appears to be a decent utility one but I am no expert so others might disagree on that.

I guess I might have said the same with other makes if I had used them as much though, but you can not really go wrong with a Nikon.

But I'd this a grey item? The term I think they use for cameras that are not up to the same standards? I heard something about that.

Grey market means imported without guarantee. This one is said to be used with guarantee. Buying used at B&H is safe. Forget Amazon. Buy either B&H or Adorama. Before buying, call the store and ask them whether it's grey or not, they'll tell you.
So do you agree to stay away from grey?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back