Looking for someone who knows more than me!

rutipz2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
New to the forum, looking for some help with irreplacable print.
18948659@N00

can someone please photoshop this for me and clean up the mess at the top? if that is even possible?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18948659@N00/

Well, I don't know if I can help you, but I would like to welcome you to the forum! I will take a peek at your photos.

Onyx said:
wtf? are you serious about charging him?

Why not? I get $60+ an hour to do digital photo editing. If people don't want to learn to do it themselves, then they'll eventually have to pay someone to do it. The skills of plumbing are not beyond my capacity to learn, but I still choose to pay a plumber to fix my pipes rather than learn to do it myself. The plumber never comes in and says "That was so easy I'll waive the charge on this one."

A good point, Onyx, people do charge. :) But in this case we were teasing..I think.

Now even I'm not sure.

EBphotography said:
But in this case we were teasing..I think.

I know, :) , but I wonder if the original poster already visited his local lab, and they said it'll be $30, so he thought he'd do some trolling for free services. I look at these "fix my photo" posts sort of like the people who post "I have a test in Photo 101 tomorrow, can you all help me?" Sure we can help, but should we do the test for them? It's like that old saying: Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a meal. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for life.

It's like that old saying: Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a meal. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for life.
I've always preferred "Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for an evening. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

The charging issue always does bring up an interesting point - It's never as certain in these cases as it is in the threads where people blatantly say "I need these answers for homework", but it still makes you wonder.

Those are both exceptional! Thank you!

I always encourage bragging about something you did well.

If either of you wants to show before and after, I say go for it!

Wow, Great edit guys! Btw... Rutipz... whats the story behind the picture? Love the shot.. if you took it.. your a lot braver than I am.. I'd be in hidding with my camera tucked under me for protection.:confused::lol:

Ksmattfish has a very valid pointÂ….however instead of doing the work for him, offer instructions. Give him the matches to set himself on fire.

Personally that works for me and I’m very appreciative of that form of help. I’m new to PS and not many of the books at “Books-a-Million” are helpful enough. As we all know the manual is rather limited.

well theres a photo that makes me jealous. ive loved watching tornadoes and thunderstorms since i was very young. as i scrolled down, i saw the top of the picture and had a feeling it was a tornado. by the time i hit the bottom of it, i realized i "knew" that tornado. i have it on a couple diferent videos. i dont remember the exact year, but thats the one that went through the McConnell (sp?) Air Force Base back in the 90's. i remember the commentary from the video saying it went past a billion dollars worth of aircraft.

that must have been an awesome thing to witness. i wanted to try to shoot a tornado we had here back in the late 90's, but my wife wasnt letting me anywhere near the door, much less out loose on the streets. she knew me too well. :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back