Looking into getting a new camera

Kabluey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I don't know much about camera's, atm I have a panasonic DMC-LC50, which takes decent photo's but not really profesional ones, it has major shutter delay and half the time the pics will be blurry.

I'm looking into getting a camera that is able to take good portraits of which I can sell to people, and things like nature, and close-ups without loss of quality.

I've been reading up about them and it seems an SLR is the way to go.

any advice on which kinda brand to go towards?

thanks!

I shoot Nikon's, and a lot shoot Canon's. Pentax and Sony make good basic DSLR's as well. I would suggest all will take a good photo, but the photographer is the BIG variable in the equation. Go to a reputable dealer and hold/feel the cameras in your budget. Research features and capabilities of the models again, in your price range and decide for yourself. Remember, now is the time to choose what is best for you. No one can do that for you. Look at the models just up from your ideal range in cost and see if you think the extra features are worth waiting/spending a little more for. Ask questions to fully understand what each feature is/does. Don't let anyone say "I use brand X and it's best". All are capable. It just depends on what you want and need within your budget. Once you decide on a brand, or "system" it's costly to change brands after you have invested in lenses and other accessories.

Most reactions

Back