looking to buy the cameras you dont use anymore...

vietarmis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I want to get into photography and Im looking for a camera and some gear to get me going. 35mm camera would be nice with a nice lense and flash. Anything to get me going...let me know!

i got a minolta maxxum 5 with a 35-70mm lens for sale
60 bucks shipped

vietarmis: What kind of photography are you thinking about doing? You might want to consider certain cameras if you know what you are looking for.
For instance, do you want autofocus, wide-angle or telephoto lenses, a more modern camera, an older camera? And what is your price range?

Looking to spent about 200 max right now. Ill be taking a lot of band photos and just obscure photos. Something that takes older grainy pictures would be so cool to mess with while a camera with a wide angle or fish eye lens would also be quite fun. I guess what I am saying is that right now it doesn't matter. I want to get my feet wet right now and see where it takes me. Not too picky.

If you go older, manual focus lenses and cameras you can get a camera and quite a few good lenses for $200. Now it also depends on the lighting conditions of the bands you want to photograph. If its really dark you would be better off just going manual focus because autofocus has a tough time working in darker situations. But of course you can manually focus with autofocus lenses, just not as easily. For around $60 you can get a canon ef 50mm mkII on ebay, those are cheap but good lenses. You could then get any one of the canon rebels for cheap. If you are willing to break the budget just a little you could spend $200 and spend a little time looking, you could find a canon eos-1 (sometimes with power booster) for $200. Those are older, but still built incredibly well.

i'd go with an older, manual focus camera- something like a canon AE-1 or Minolta X-370/700. if you will be focusing on band pics, then all you really need is a 50mm, 35mm, and maybe 24mm lens=(not essential, but would be cool). you could arrange that with about $200. find a package deal.

The only bad thing about what he is talking about is most bands play at night in a dark club. So you are looking at veary low light that would freak the hell out of a non program SLR. like the older AE-1 non program. So I would say if you plan to buy an older camera pre program button get your self a nice light meter one that works nice in low light. The older incamera light meter will just go "what the hell" in the dark. So you will need a light meter or a new "smart camera". The guy who was offering you the maxxum 5 for 60.00 shiped that is a nice little camera I use mine in low light/night all the time.

The cameras I use.

1976 Canon AE-1 really nice fully man. camera.
(my day camera land scapes camera)

1989 EOS-1 really nice EOS camera semi pro now days.
(My semi pro camera for my photo shoots)

2003 minolta maxxum 5 nice little lite camera really nice for club use.
(My little take any where camera/night cam/cold out side cam)

2005 Canon PowerShot 520 digital (My Ebay/need the photo now cam)

So if you go with an older camera get your self a lite meter and tripod

If you go with a new "smart camera" all you will more or less need is a tripod the in camera meters have come a long way sence the 70s

As for you looking to put a lot of grain in your photos use high ISO film. The higher the ISO at night the more grain you will see any thing over 800 is pritty grainy in my book.

One more thing to think aobut is the price of a lens with the old Canon FD mount cameras a lens now days can run you $2.00 to $900.00 it's all in what you need and you will just about only find them used now days.
USED FROM 1971-1988?

Canon EF (EOS) cameras a lens will run you $20.00 to $2,000.00+ it's all in what you need. You can find them new or used any where in USA or around the world. USED FROM 1985?-today

Minolta AF lenses are real cheap and are all over the place new and used
USED FROM 1983?-today

just a little info off the top of my head good or bad

BY the way where in the hell did you find a eos-1 body for 200.00? lol not in ohio the body alone is 280 I just happend to get a out the door on mine I got the EOS-1 POWER booster 70-300mm Canon lens and Canon flash for $275.00

No bla lol + it's a one owner camera I got every thing for it and it looks like it was only used for 2 or 3 rolls lol

one for Camera I think maybe would be a good starter cam how aobut a T50 OR T80 I love the T90 my self but for the price the 50 or 80 will work fine

Most reactions

New Topics

Back