Los Angeles Pride Weekend (NSFWish)

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last weekend I was asked to take some photos of the annual Pride festival/parade. It was the first time I'd ever been to one. Many of the people were a little more eccentric than I could see myself being able to pull off, but more power to them.

_MG_0312.jpg

_MG_0347.jpg

_MG_0315.jpg

_MG_0017.jpg

_MG_0138.jpg

_MG_0616.jpg

_MG_0708.jpg

_MG_0572.jpg

_MG_1037.jpg

Of course, not everyone was there to celebrate. A group of people from various denominations and religions congregated to express their views.
_MG_1177.jpg

Last edited:
Great job at capturing the flamboyant colour and energy. I really like the first portrait, the 3 colour background is imo great

I LOVE the third one (listed as #4, guy in the overalls) awesome expression and an overall great shot. I like the rest of the set, too, but that one stands out to me.

That is a nice set! :)

You got some nice photos, in the first one I like the use of the background color for the subject. In some I'd watch the framing (which is tricky as people move in and out of a scene) to keep distractions out of the frame.

I think #2 & 3 are really nicely done, I find the second one seems just slightly chopped because of seeing the edge of the chain at the wrist. I'd think about with #5 if you could crop the left side a little to get rid of the foot and edge of a white T shirt. Same thing with #8, the right side looks like the edge of a whole other possible photo happening over there. In the last one I'd either get that yellow rusting sign to the right in the photo or if it's not significant then keep it out of the frame.

With #6 I like the person in the background, that echoes what the subject is doing and for me works and made for an interesting photo. There are maybe too many background people to the left, the B&W shirt/vest caught my eye so that for me makes for a distraction; having some people watching being part of the composition works at an event but it's a matter of how much crowd/background and how much subject/scene.

Seems to take practice to be able to see everything in the viewfinder at once to frame efficiently as things happen. I still sometimes have something sneak into a corner or edge of my frame that I didn't catch at the time and see it later.

You got some nice photos, in the first one I like the use of the background color for the subject. In some I'd watch the framing (which is tricky as people move in and out of a scene) to keep distractions out of the frame.

I think #2 & 3 are really nicely done, I find the second one seems just slightly chopped because of seeing the edge of the chain at the wrist. I'd think about with #5 if you could crop the left side a little to get rid of the foot and edge of a white T shirt. Same thing with #8, the right side looks like the edge of a whole other possible photo happening over there. In the last one I'd either get that yellow rusting sign to the right in the photo or if it's not significant then keep it out of the frame.

With #6 I like the person in the background, that echoes what the subject is doing and for me works and made for an interesting photo. There are maybe too many background people to the left, the B&W shirt/vest caught my eye so that for me makes for a distraction; having some people watching being part of the composition works at an event but it's a matter of how much crowd/background and how much subject/scene.

Seems to take practice to be able to see everything in the viewfinder at once to frame efficiently as things happen. I still sometimes have something sneak into a corner or edge of my frame that I didn't catch at the time and see it later.

Thanks for the comments. That's one of the most difficult and yet most fun parts of documentary photography. I love finding compositions that are balanced but also contextual to the story/event. Sometimes it's not doable or the moment is gone before a good composition can be achieved, but when it does work out, it's like "yesssss." It also makes captioning a lot easier since you just have to explain elements already in the scene instead of having to build up the environment around the photo since it's not immediately apparent.

I LOVE the third one (listed as #4, guy in the overalls) awesome expression and an overall great shot. I like the rest of the set, too, but that one stands out to me.

Thank you! He was a really great subject. Super photogenic and laidback.

I had one other photo before that but I deleted if because I wasn't sure how this set would be received lol. That's why the numbering order is off.

_DSF9180.jpg

Nice work. Those events ALWAYS have some fun photo ops. Marylyn's cool.

Nice work. Those events ALWAYS have some fun photo ops. Marylyn's cool.

It's almost overwhelming because there are so many moments for potential photos, heh. It keeps you on your toes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back