Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Quick question.
I seem to have lost my USB cable for my D90. I was looking to get a replacement and on amazon and the bay, they seem to be remarkably cheap. Does this reflect in their quality? Is there anyone else I should be looking at? Is there anyone that is reputable for selling good ones?

Thanks!
Mark

I dont. Ive searched high and low. Even old phones and devices. Nothing. Thats what I figured, that it shouldnt really matter.

Thanks.
Mark

Any mini usb should work. I too have a dozen or so lying around!

Lucky. Amazon has one with a 4g Sandisk SD card for $6 before shipping. Not for the D90, but still a good price.

Mark

I always thought it to better to use the memory card in a cardreader anyway, not from USB cable connected straight to camera. Isn't that safer for the circuits of the camera?

If I am not mistaken, D90 uses SD or SDHC compatible cards, and you can easily find a reader (contains reader and cable) for $20.00 or less.

I have a Targus SD reader that I bought at Wal-Mart for like $9.00. And I bought several of them because I like the cables, have them connected into my desktop USB ports, with the other end taped across the top of the tower, two are holding xmitters for mouse/kb, another with the SD reader, and another for my P&S camera to copy photos to my PC.

Many laptops also have a card reader that will take SD cards.

Beware of some of the cables offered on eBay. I bought some miniUSB cables from a seller somewhere in Hong Kong, and when they arrived found that although they transmit power they don't carry the signal. Threw them away.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back