Lowepro Nova 5AW bag.

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by PlasticSpanner, Oct 22, 2006.

1. PlasticSpanner

PlasticSpanner TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm looking for another shoulder bag for my digital stuff. I don't particularly want a backpack and would like to know what bags people would reccomend.

I will be filling it with a 400D, 70-300 Sigma, 24-70 Canon and possibly a 19-30 Sigma and 220EX flash. Along with all the other bits & bobs needed.

2. PlasticSpanner

PlasticSpanner TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Nobody has a bag they really like, or on they would really like? :confused:

3. tempra

tempra TPF Noob!

I bought a mini trekker a few weeks ago, it's great but it's a backpack - I have a reporter as well, but if you are going to walk around with it all day over one shoulder, then it does get uncomfortable.

Can't really comment on the nova - I haven't tried it. Lostprophet might have a view on it...

4. Don Simon

Don Simon TPF Noob!

I have the Nova 4, which is a couple of inches shorter in length than the 5 but otherwise seems very similar. You should have no problem at all fitting the kit you described inside it. In mine I usually carry two SLR bodies along with 4 lenses (2 of those fitted to the cameras, and I can easily fit more in the bag if they're primes instead of zooms), plus a film or digital point-&-shoot, plus lightmeter, film, memory cards, batteries, and general accessories. Walking around with it over my shoulder I definitely know it's there, and it does get fairly heavy after a while if it's fully loaded, but on the other hand I don't need to worry about someone behind me opening up my bag and stealing my cameras, plus everything's more instantly accessible to me, so I like it.

5. Illah

Illah TPF Noob!

To add to this topic, are there any good messenger style bags that can safely carry a DSLR with, say, a laptop, books, or papers as well? Not a full package, just the body, an attached 18-50 lens, and maybe a speedlight as well.

In other words, a camera ready man-purse :)

--Illah

6. Don Simon

Don Simon TPF Noob!

There probably is, but I wouldn't buy one as it would probably result in permanently leaning to one side and make some lucky chiropractor very rich :lmao: (my laptop is a brick).

7. Lol999

Lol999 TPF Noob!

I've got the Nova 5 and it's pretty good. I can get quite a bit of stuff in it and you can access the contents whilst it's on your shoulder. Reccommended!

Lol

8. JEazy

JEazy TPF Noob!

I recommend the Nova 4 AW. I can fit two bodies, 3 lenses, 4 flashes, and alot of my accessories in there.