Lucious bokeh

Do'Urden's Eyes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Got to try out the 85mm F/1.2L today at the henry's photo expo. My lord has that thing got some creamy blur going on. And the things heavy as hell, i nearly dropped it mounting it to my 40D not expecting that weight from the smallish looking lens. I'm jealous.

umm, that thing is NOT smallish for an 85mm.....

It is a nice lens, though. A bugger to focus at f/1.2, becuase it's so slow and innacurate, but when it nails it, it's pure magic.

I wouldn't say inaccurate, just slow (it's slow because it's accurate! ) It's just that sometimes by the time it focuses, the thing its focusing on is gone!

I used it on a 5D once, and it had a hard time getting consistent focus, but when it did, it was awesome.

The pro that I shoot with has one. Bokeh is very similar to the 85mm F/1.4 Nikkor, but where he was needing me to use a flashlight so he could focus, my Nikkor was focusing just fine in very low ambient light.

He does get incredible results, that has to be said.

The pro that I shoot with has one. Bokeh is very similar to the 85mm F/1.4 Nikkor, but where he was needing me to use a flashlight so he could focus, my Nikkor was focusing just fine in very low ambient light.

He does get incredible results, that has to be said.

I like to keep a Flash on my camera just for the IR assist beam. It helps quite a bit with focusing in low light.

Hard to do with either brand when there is a Pocket Wizard in the hotshoe. He just mounted the camera on a tripod, I lit the subjects with a flashlight, he locked in the focus, clicked it to manual focus once locked in and took the pics. :)

Hard to do with either brand when there is a Pocket Wizard in the hotshoe. He just mounted the camera on a tripod, I lit the subjects with a flashlight, he locked in the focus, clicked it to manual focus once locked in and took the pics. :)

Hmm...Didn't think about that. It would be nice to have a small IR light that slid into the hotshoe and still allowed you to attach another flash or Pocket Wizard.

...or I could gaff tape a flashlight to my camera. :lol:

I cant imagine shooting a wedding and flashing peoples faces with a flash light :lmao:

Most reactions

Back