LumiQuest Quik Bounce flash light modifier

Green Li

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
LumiQuest started to ship a new bouncer.
Here is a LumiQuest Quik Bounce flash reflector review
Any opinions?

lumiquest-quik-bounce-flash-reflector-2.jpg
lumiquest-quik-bounce-flash-reflector-6.jpg
lumiquest-quik-bounce-flash-reflector-3.jpg

You're right, but with ProMax to be able to switch between 100% to 80/20 you have to carry an attachment. With Quik Bounce there is no attachment to carry around.

True, I just like having the versatility of a white, gold and sliver reflector along with the light diffuser all in one unit rather than two or three different units to lug around to get that amount of versatility.

Another overpriced piece of junk that does the same thing as attaching a $1 sheet of paper to your flash. Sorry but the price of these is never justified. Except if you're the type of pro who shoots the type of clients who legitimately care what the camera looks like. (there are some out there).

Lol Garbz. Interesting point and I have to say I believe you. I bought the Gary Fong lightsphere universal when it first came out. I heard all they hype and finally bit. I will say it does work quite well, but I do not use it very much anymore. I stick to my stofen omni bounce and just learned to use the flash better. However, you bring up a very funny point. When I use to pop the Fong on the flash, people always seemed to perk up. I guess it just looked more high end to them.

This is more versatile and does the same thing.
LumiQuest® Photographic Accessories | Promax System

There is a major difference. The Promax system is designed to go on the "back" of the flash--the wide side faces forward. The Quik Bounce goes on 90 degrees to that, on the narrow side, as can the Better Bounce Card and the Lite-Scoop. That way, you can switch from landscape to portrait without using a bracket by swiveling the head 90 deg (putting the button at the back), then moving the head from 90 deg up to "forward." You can attach the Promax system that way, but it's awkward. (I have the Promax system.) Thus, the two devices are different in use. It is also probably easier to go from 100% forward to 80% up. Using the Promax, you have to add the white insert, which probably takes more time than opening or closing the Quik Bounce's doors.

If you go to the Lumiquest site, there are videos describing the various devices, including the Promax and Quik Bounce. The Lite-Scoop site also has a video showing the device in use.

Last edited:
This will work just as well and with a little attention to detail and glue instead of staples look just as good.. (although not as funky ;))

DIY Reflector-Diffuser

It doesn't do the same thing. See my previous post. The DIY Reflector-Diffuser will not work correctly if you put the camera in portrait mode, unless you use a bracket that rotates the flash. (If you turn the camera over to portrait mode, the shadows will be cast to the right--from your point-of-view--of the subject, not down. It often looks unnatural and even terrible.)

Oh, and another thing: the DIY doesn't fold flat. It would be a PITA to carry around compared to the Lumiquest products, the Lite-Scoop, or the Better Bounce Card.

Last edited:
Oh, and another thing: the DIY doesn't fold flat. It would be a PITA to carry around compared to the Lumiquest products, the Lite-Scoop, or the Better Bounce Card.

The one I pointed out does. But if you are dead set on spending your money on one- knock yourself out. :)

The one I pointed out does. But if you are dead set on spending your money on one- knock yourself out. :)

You're right--the modified one does. It may still be a bit of a PITA, though, if it's stiff, versus this flexible version, which I did make and carry around. It folds so that it fits in my bag. It can fold up enough to fit in my pocket.

You're right, but with ProMax to be able to switch between 100% to 80/20 you have to carry an attachment. With Quik Bounce there is no attachment to carry around.

True, I just like having the versatility of a white, gold and sliver reflector along with the light diffuser all in one unit rather than two or three different units to lug around to get that amount of versatility.

gryphonslair99,
Why is it critical for you to have white/silver/gold inserts? Do you use them often? For what application? I'd assume the silver and gold are more of special effect nature.

gryphonslair99,
Why is it critical for you to have white/silver/gold inserts? Do you use them often? For what application? I'd assume the silver and gold are more of special effect nature.

Depends on what I am shooting. The white insert is used when there is no ceiling to bounce from. The silver when I want a harsher look and the gold when I want a softer golden glow to the skin. The diffuser is nice as a mini softbox.

Both of the products have different uses. Since I have a flash bracket that rotates the camera rather than the flash, some of the features of the Quick bounce are lost for my setup and where the Pro Max just gives me greater latitude.

Most reactions

Back