luxvisionshop.com

eswebster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Luxvisionshop.com.... Whats up with this place, seems super sketchy a canon 70-200mm IS II for $1199.00....hmmm. If anyone has bought anything from here before let me know.

Last edited:
Just checked this out. Some of the stuff is full price and other things are seriously marked down. Something is not right I'm sure.

The site is less than a year old... domain seems to have been registered in 9/2012. Not necessarily a bad thing, but you should be a lot more cautious with new sites... The part I find most concerning is that the site is actively trying to hide the identity/country of origin. If you do a domain lookup, it is registered in Jacksonville FL, but this is definitely where the company is based. Since the site is so new, there's not a lot of info about it... I'm sure you tried google for reviews. I did find one site scamadviser.com that rated the site 73% trustworthy. I've never used the site before, so I searched it for a lot of other known safe sites by comparison. Both photo equipment and general electronics stores I checked all got 100% ratings (newegg, amazon, best buy, adorama, bhvideo, etc...) Based on that, my personal opinion is better safe than sorry. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies... certainly does help. Just seems too good to be true... going to stay away from it. The prices they have on new "warrantied" gear is less than used prices for the same equipment. Thats always a good indicator of SCAM.

Thanks for the replies... certainly does help. Just seems too good to be true... going to stay away from it. The prices they have on new "warrantied" gear is less than used prices for the same equipment. Thats always a good indicator of SCAM.

Good idea. I would stay away. I actually look on canons website and only buy from their approved certified vendors. You can get list from their website.

When I ordered my canon 7D I originally ordered from the place with the cheapest price and cancelled the order the same day because I found out try were not a certified retailer for canon like they claimed. I got my money back as ordered from newegg.com who is certified to sell canon. And is also very reputable an respected with great customer service.

So if I were you I would always check the list on canon to make sure the company is actually certified to sell canon equipment.

they are not on the list... if they were I would have placed the order already :). First thing i checked.

When reading review and ratings websites always read the actual reviews themselves and read the negative ones first. Keep an eye on the content and on the posting date as these days scam sites will just hit the review websites with a slew of fake positive reviews to bump their own validity appearance.

Negative reviews can be very telling though. All shops will have them, but disreputable ones will have more and they'll also have a certain kind - things like bait and switch methods or orders that are mysteriously in stock and then suddenly out of stock for months at a time (or orders just randomly cancelled - both methods used by bait and switch when you don't jump through their hoops to overpay). These things won't happen with reputable dealers as they just don't operate that way.

In the end if its too good to be true chances are its fake or dodgy.

Most reactions

Back