Mac vs. dell which is better

I think that I am going to buy the Mac Mini. They just bumped up the ram without bumping up the price. It will do everything I want it to. All I really need is a computer that will store my photos, music, and that I can type a thesis paper for school. thank you I am convinced that the mac will be the best especally because with the price I don't have to have money coming out of my wazoo.

I must be in the minority...I have a Dell and love it, however, I've never owned a Mac. I have about 6,000 songs, oodles of pictures, and a ton of movies on it, never one problem....plus they're crazy cheap now. Minority owners usually have fiercer loyalties.

heres an example...my p.c. is twice as good as the one I was gonna get from dell, but the same price.

Dell My P.c. (Home built)
Hard drive: 80gb Hard Drive: 120gb

Graphics: Internal Graphics: Gforce 5500

RAM: 512 (they had a double memory deal) RAM: 1gb (no double memory deal)

Mine also has speakers, which I didnt get with that one, a nice case, and I believe a lot of other things are better, so my advice is get it home built.

Problem, doesnt come with xp
Answer, Buy it off ebay :)

Hope I helped...

OK, so I used to love Mac, but their recest OS attempts seem to me like new skin over an aging platform. NO FLEXIBILITY WHATSOEVER. In addition, have you ever compared the software sections for Mac and PC at your local computer store. I will say no more. Except that our school studio has audio software running on 2 Macs and 2 PCs (The macs are dual processor G5's, both running Panther. The PCs are cheap P4s running Win 2000, and XP) and the Macs constantly freeze, while the PCs have virtually no problems. 7 years ago, you couldn't beat a Mac for reliability, but as of late, you couldn't lose to one. Dells, on the other hand, will slow down immensely within 6 months, so that's not a good option either. My 2 suggestions (as a very savvy computer user and builder) Either build your own (cheaper, better) or go with a smaller, custom taylored specialty company like CyberPower. They're reliable, fast, cheap, and well tested.

have to agree with the comments about building your own pc. Me and a friend built mine and its a beast, but i like gaming so it needs to be pretty powerful to handle some of these latest games

Most reactions

New Topics

Back