Macro color editing

Huminaboz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I was playing with the macro option and then color photoediting. Because the macro button is marked with a flower, I naturally assumed flowers would be an excellent subject. I mean, if I took a picture of something else, the camera would have probably waited til I fell asleep that night and started stabbing me and screaming, "YOU BROKE THE SACRED RULE! A SIN AGAINST THE CAMERA GODS!"

So if these pictures look a little shakey to you, it's because I trying hard not to piss my pants with the fear that I'd miss the flower. But I think I got em:

campclose.jpg

flowerthing.jpg

If you can crop out the trailer in the first one it will be an awesome picture with vivid color. The second picture is awesome.

Thanks for the tip, I wasn't feelin the trailer too much either, but it seemed to add character to the picture. Overall, I'd just say I should redo the picture in another way and just add something like a nice sky to the background or whatever. But here's the alteration(messed with the colors a bit too):

campclosealteration.jpg

Like others have said before, also I was going to say that the trailer in the first photo is quite distracting, so much so, actually, that it is annoying - much rather than adding character to the pic that was meant to be of a flower - but then others have said so before me and remedies have been made. Much better in the second photo.

To catch red flowers, so I have found out, AND get the true red later on the photo (as a print) is very difficult and happens only once in a while (provided you have to rely on the work of a big photo lab that process a million pics a day, like myself). Therefore I find that adjusting the colours of a scan is legitimate, even necessary when scanning the print brings out all the wrong colours. Having said all this, somehow the cropped version of Pic 1 appeals to me more - but there is this funny feeling that the red is not right. It's too shiny, too glaring, too red, I think.

No need to say anything about the second photo for that is a winner!

Nice Photo's!

Just one thing though- What's the details on how you took the pics? Eg: Film, Camera, Exposure setting Etc.

as with most things Macro, the focus seemms a little off. I get that with alot of my stuff, but that's cause my right eye (the one most convenient) is 'long' sighted, therefor it's hard for me to get a good focus.

LaFoto said:
Like others have said before, also I was going to say that the trailer in the first photo is quite distracting, so much so, actually, that it is annoying - much rather than adding character to the pic that was meant to be of a flower - but then others have said so before me and remedies have been made. Much better in the second photo.

To catch red flowers, so I have found out, AND get the true red later on the photo (as a print) is very difficult and happens only once in a while (provided you have to rely on the work of a big photo lab that process a million pics a day, like myself). Therefore I find that adjusting the colours of a scan is legitimate, even necessary when scanning the print brings out all the wrong colours. Having said all this, somehow the cropped version of Pic 1 appeals to me more - but there is this funny feeling that the red is not right. It's too shiny, too glaring, too red, I think.

No need to say anything about the second photo for that is a winner!

Yeah, I turned the contrast up a bit to make it more... moreness.
I was thinking it was a bit overdone, but I didn't really expect anyone to say anything about it, so thanks, I'm glad you noticed, something to keep in mind for the future.
But yeah, the edit on it kinda felt more boring without something else going on in the background.
To make it more red though, I just adjusted the colors in photoshop, turned up the yellow midtones and turned down the blue shadows mostly. Or was that the other way around? I forget

The color contrasts in that second one really work great.

#2 looks neat...

reminds me of umm... ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back