Macro Conversion?

Reaction score
Website
www.annikashultz.com
Please pardon me if this is a stupid question or has already been posted....I didn't see it when I looked. :confused:

I just ordered the f/1.8 50mm lens and i'm excited to use it because of its sharpness and huge aperture. But I'm wondering if there is any way to put a converter, or a filter, on it to allow it to shoot more macro-type shots. (I don't need to get ridiculously close, but I'd love to get close!) I saw some filters that refocus the lens to farther and nearer distances, like filters called +1, +3, +4 etc. that seem to just be magnifiers.

Does anyone know if there's something that would cooperate with the 50mm to produce nice quality close-ups? Thanks!

The close-up filters that you mentioned are also an option. It's not the best option, in terms of image quality but they do work. I have a set of Hoya filters (+1, +2 & +4).

I have also reversed my 50mm onto another lens to get really close macro shots.

Extension tubes would be good because you are not introducing any other glass...so all you are shooting through is the excellent optics of the 50mm lens.

Thanks...like this?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...047&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

What does this mean:
Magnification ratio for TUBE 25 is about 1/2 with 50mm standard lens.

This price is great, 60 bucks. Macro photography is among my favorites but I am broke, at least for another couple of years. If added to the 50mm lens it will produce nice CRISP macros, I may very well buy it. I just wish I knew what the above statement meant...magnifies 2x? Thanks so much for all your help and patience!

The more extention you add the closer you get (and larger the magnification). But keep in mind that you can add so much extention you are almost touching the subject with the lens and thus blocking a lot of light. If you are thinking of getting tubes you might look at a set of 3 (think they 12, 25, 35) that can all be combined in various ratios to give you just what you need. However if you are strapped for cash the 25 is good one.

zedin said:
The more extention you add the closer you get (and larger the magnification). But keep in mind that you can add so much extention you are almost touching the subject with the lens and thus blocking a lot of light. If you are thinking of getting tubes you might look at a set of 3 (think they 12, 25, 35) that can all be combined in various ratios to give you just what you need. However if you are strapped for cash the 25 is good one.

Wow, really? Almost touching the subject even with a 50mm? Cool. That's close, just like I like it. :D Thanks for all your help!!

Most reactions

Back