Macro for EOS 300X

manu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello ...

I'm a newbie in taking pictures and I've bought a camera : Canon EOS 300X, it's a non digital camera ...
My favorite hobby is to take pictures in Macro mode but I really want to equip my camera with a good macro lens ...
Well, there is my question :
Could you help me to make my choice ??
What is the better macro lens for my camera ?? the products to avoid, etc ...

Thancks a lot for your answers and excuse me for my approximative english but I'm french ...

Bye

Welcome to the forum.

Many lenses are labeled 'Macro' but few are truly macro. Canon makes a few real macro lenses. 50mm F2.8, 100mm F2.8 etc.

There are other options as well. You could buy a set of extension tubes that will allow you to use your current lenses but with the ability to focus much closer. You could get a set of diopter filters, they screw onto the front of a lens and act like a magnifying glass.

Thank you very much ! I really appreciate your help.
I have another question... My goal would be to take pictures of small animals like lizards and frogs...Would a macro 50mm be what you would recommend ? I guess that the macro 100mm is designed to take pictures of even smaller subjects like bugs...

Thanks again,

:D

I have not personally used any of the macro lenses...but it would seem to me that the biggest difference would be the working distance. To get full magnification, you would have to be a lot closer with the 50mm Macro.

I'm not sure, but I think you could take photos of similar sized subjects to a 1:1 (macro) ratio...with either lens. Again, the difference being how far you would have to be from it.

With small animals, you might want to be farther away so you don't spook them.

For shooting any kind of wildlife, you want to be as far away as possible, so you don't scare them off. I would recommend the Canon 180mm macro.

Thank you very much !! It's great to be helped...

Manu

Most reactions

New Topics

Back